Apart (Pt 15)

Aziraphale's POV:

I'd finally ushered the last of the Angels and Demons throughout the bookstore comfortably when I turn face to face with Michael. Not saying anything I move around her and continue to provide whatever necessary to my new guests. Finding that my shadow apparently had nothing better to do I turn to the angel.

"What can I help you with?" I ask Michael.

"I just... don't know what to do now." Michael says softly, curiosity shows in her eyes as demons appear to show thankfulness and even gratitude towards blankets and hot cocoa. Muriel is trying to help but without knowing how to properly make tea she ends up serving a charred liquid in one of my favorite tea set. Shaking my head at her I turn back towards Michael.

"Maybe you should take lessons from Muriel in human cultures. She's been here long enough to understand some of them... for the most part." Micheal turns to watch Muriel just in time for her to pass off her concoction to some unsuspecting demon and get a mouthful of it spat back out at her feet.

"Oh dear... Was it too hot?" Muriel asks the demon gently.

"N-no it was... I don't even know. Burnt?" the demon tries to find the right words and all it does is fuel Muriel to try again.

"Oh, then I shall make you one anew. It will be great!" She quickly hurries away now with a new challenge.

"I can't make tea" Michael sighs.

"Then make friends. Or at least talk to somebody in doing so maybe you can find out what they know about The Metatron. Shax may not be the brightest but she's not one for working with angels and I want to know what made her work with The Metatron. He'd had to have given her some deal more than just getting back at Crowley. Michael nods and with a new purpose starts interrogating demons in a refined but still forceful manner.

 Ignoring her I go to my office to think with everyone settled down we needed a plan and I needed to not be thinking about Crowley. We cannot go back to Heaven or Hell without a plan and an escape route. I'd thought about leaving by myself and attempting to find them with a way back but then remembering that no one else can keep the celestials together I figured it may not be the best idea. Oh,Crowley always had such great ideas on how to solve these things I sigh feeling now the full weight of his loss. But he's smart I remind myself and would find it no challenge to escape from anybody, I mean he'd find a way back to the stars if he'd wanted to. I resolve my mind into focusing on a plan of action. Firstly, we needed to find The Metatron's weaknesses as his strengths are many. Then we needed to find...

"Aziraphale!" Michael shouts slamming open my door.

"What is it!?" I jump up.

"Shax was given a deal that by finding you two she'd be able to be given this power that he's harnessed. She wanted this power, and she is the only one who was able to go near it. So, if there was a weakness, only she'd be able to know." Michael states. I sit back down and think back to the time that Crowley and I walked in on The Metatron and the orb.

"The Orb drains all of their powers so it's odd that the Metatron is able to stand being connected to it for so long." I say.

"Unless he can't" Michael comments.

"Exactly! What if he is not leaving for long periods to just tame the now conscious orb but also is containing the orb so that he can recuperate his power." I conclude.

"Then that will be our opening to attack!" Michael shouts.

"But that is only if we can find out where he goes when he disappears for these periods of time." I remind.

"Then we have a premise of a plan. While chances are slim they are not distasteful." Michael confirms. I nod in agreement and go outside to tell the others in order to keep all beings in the loop and with equality.

Crowley's POV:

We fell into some muck. Actually, Shax fell and pulled the rest of us down with her and now we are covered in goop. Disgusted I turn to Shax who doesn't look at either of us and then I look at Uriel who appears to have more anger than I'd seen in some demons.

"Shax how did you miss the biggest pebble we'd come across and trip causing all of us to fall with you?" Uriel snaps.

"Hey now, Let's not get into that one until we are out of here." I say while stepping in between the two.

"It's not my fault, I was listening for the real threat here while the two of you keep strolling by. I don't plan on exploding today." Shax quips.

"Enough let's get a move on. We want to make it to a phone line down here that's far enough away from the giant bugger." I command while taking us through yet another hall.

"Why are we going to another phone? Who will we call now?" Uriel asks.

"It is another friend I've made, and I hope they don't mind if we crash into their coffee shop for a bit." I answer.

"For a demon you've a lot of 'friends'" Uriel states.

"Well, he's not been a bad demon" Shax says.

"That's very nice of you Shax but let's get a move on to this last hallway." I say as Shax vehemently disagrees with my statement and tries to 'correct' me when we finally see the phone. 

"There it is let's go!" Shax hisses but I put a hand out to stop her. Shax hisses but I put my fingers to my lips and point. Resting above the phones in an eerie dim light shone the orb. Confused we hide against the wall and watch the Metatron turn the corner and approach the orb. The Metatron appeared exhausted and yet his hunger for the power of the orb rested deep in his eyes. He reached out and was immediately overcome by the tentacles and he laughed as the two joined again. Then he spread out his arms letting the tentacles flow around him as if he is the most powerful being in the universe, but now we know the truth. Without the orb The Metatron is weaker than ever.

Authors note:

Feel free to tell me how it's going or if there is another fanfiction I should write, if I know them, I can take requests.

-JVanRuisdael