Chapter 10

Next day Ash has just returned from his regular training when he received some crucial information about professor Martin and the head master . There was also a call recording which dark rose has sent to Lance . After hearing the recorded call Ash was shocked. He sent that call to his elite seven and scheduled a meeting at that evening in his dorm room.

At breakfast table everyone was eating their breakfast peacefully except elite seven and Ash who looked quite stressed out. When Serena joined them "morning everyone" she  sounded quite cheerful so Lily asked "Hey Serena did something happen you look very happy ." Serena looked at her and smiled "nothing just had a very good sleep at night ."

Only then everyone noticed a limping Jack entering the cafeteria. There were wounds all over his body . He noticed Serena and a shiver ran down his spine . One of a student asked him "Hey Jack what happened to you ." "Oh nothing Emily last night I was just passing by when I saw a wild pokemon being harrased . I didn't had my pokemon so to protect that pokemon I put my life on line . I couldn't fight his pokemon so I shielded the wild pokemon and took the hits instead. I was helpless that was when I saw a light and so I gathered my courage and said to him while pointing towards the light that my friends were coming to rescue me then he got scared and ran away ." Jack replied nervously while eyeing Serena. 

'Of course after that much beating he still is the same hope he don't try to bully my Ashy ' Serena thought.  "Oh really Jack you are so brave . Arceus have given you everything . He have given you good looks , money and bravery unlike someone who just have good looks but got no money or bravery "  Nadia Jack's girlfriend remarked while glancing at Ash.

Nadia is a girl who only cares about money . When Ash was new to academy she was one of Ash's pursuer but when Ash gave her a cold shoulder she started spreading rumors that she and Ash dated and she dumped Ash because he was too poor to complete her demands in whole Academy that time only his true friends believed him . But there are still some students who believe in those rumors. For Ash he don't even know that Nadia exist in this world . She is a complete stranger to him .

After hearing her remark serena clenched her fist and glared at Jack's table which only Ash and Jack noticed . After seeing Serena glaring at him he abruptly asked Nadia "say babe wanna go on date tomorrow. Tomorrow is off so we can go to the mainland and go shopping " Jack abruptly tried to quite down Nadia as he didn't wanted another beating from Serena which actually worked Nadia happily hugged Jack "you ate the best babe ."

After making sure Jack keep Nadia quiet Serena smiled again which Ash noticed again . He looked at Serena suspiciously which Serena noticed "what ?" Serena asked. "Nothing just seems suspicious. " Ash replied . Serena smiled innocently "I promised you didn't I " now Ash connected all the dots and realized that Serena was the person who beat Jack up . After realizing that Ash gulped hard and mentally noted to never get on her bad side. "What is suspicious Ash"asked Gary "nothing" Ash hurriedly replied.

After eating breakfast Ash , Serena and Gary  were walking towards the  maths class . Now Ash wasn't able to control himself he asked Serena "what were you thinking Sere? Why did you beat Jack. What if his father came to know that you beat his son . I know he would surely come for you " Ash knew he would never let anyone hurt Serena but he was still worried about Serena.

"Wait a minute Serena beat that jackass. Then what about the story he told everyone in cafeteria. "Gary asked. Serena just laughed "Calm down guys Satoshi didn't I told you girls have their own ways . I beat him up because I knew that he wouldn't utter a single word about it and the cafeteria story is just a proof . And also what would he tell his daddy 'daddy a girl in our academy beat me up send some men ' his ego is way too high to admit that he got beaten up by a girl "

After hearing out Serena's explanation Ash burst out laughing "ha ha ha you are best Sere who would have thought that the kalos queen is such a good fighter " Ash said while whiping his tears. Gary on the other hand just watched her with a scared expression. "I am sure they both would make power couple."