Chapter 4 Jessica Jetdragon

My fingers run through soft white fur as I wake with Moon in my arms

     My fingers run through soft white fur as I wake with Moon in my arms. Sam sits in the floor petting Kattress. I'll devote a few points to unlocking that fluffy palbed. Don't want my pals sleeping in the dirt.

      "Morado, it's not morning, yet you are awake, can I ask you something?" Sam says.

     "Go ahead," I say petting Moon's ears as she purrs.

     "I have a friend in need, she is, troubled to say the least, I would like you to liberate her, though her presence will be costly," Sam says.

     "I don't think we have much to spare, we are living in a log cabin," I reply.

"It's a very dangerous mission, the men holding her have guns, perhaps you are not up to the task, I do worry for my dear Jessica though, she may be a Jetdragon, but she is still a sensitive creature," he says smoking a pipe as he pets Katress.

Excitement fills my eyes and I kind of tilt my head, "A what dragon?"

"So, you're in my friend, we leave at sunup," he says leaving Katress lying in the floor.

I return to my seemingly futile attempt at resting. Some how Moon's gentle purr finally lulls me to sleep. If only for a few hours respite.

Sunlight peers through the open window in my cabin. Moon and Katress are cuddled up to me. I don't understand why anyone would want to hurt these cute creatures. I guess they aren't so cute when they get violent though. They seem somewhat callous to the thought of mortality. Like dying isn't the end, it's just something we all do.

     The door to the cabin bursts open. I climb over Moon trying to get off the bed. Sam's sandals clop against the wood as he steps in. The expression on his face doesn't bode well for my morning. Katress and Moon try to pull me back down, but I resist hopping onto the floor.

"A scouting party came by, we can't stay here, take this," Sam says tossing a pistol at me.

"A gun, where did you get this?" I ask.

"Morado, mi amigo, this isn't a game, you don't get to play house here, we are fighting for survival, you must fight, you must kill," Sam replies.

"Why, why does it have to be me?" I ask acting dramatic.

"My apologies good sir, I'll just ask the next person that comes through," he replies sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, you're right, let's go."

We walk for eight days through freezing cold and burning hot temperatures before reaching the back end of the volcano. I've got a lot of minerals I can't use taking up space, and I don't have the facilities to build larger storage yet. Maybe I should read a few of these technical manuals.

*TM 01 Player 072 learned pal metal armor +2

*TM 02 Player 072 learned chillet metal headband +3