Chapter 16 Dungeon Discoveries

After Lily spanks me like a child I get the bright idea to do some dungeons

     After Lily spanks me like a child I get the bright idea to do some dungeons. I need better gear if I'm going to take down Lily and Lyleen.  There's a high level dungeon at the back of the island I've been putting off. It's not much of a walk from my base.

     "Hey there, haven't seen you in a while, how's adventuring going?" That guy at the eagle statue asks.

I can't remember his name.

"Yeah Winchester," I say rubbing my neck nervously.

"It's Remington, and why did you walk all the way up here and not take advantage of this fast travel point nameless adventurer," he says displaying the eagle statue with a smile.

I point down at my base that is maybe a hundred yards away. He seems disappointed as he takes a seat at his small campfire.

"I see, that must be where that naughty Lovander I have to fight off every night comes from," he says taking a sip out of a small mug.

"You mean Sally? She's harmless," I reply.

"She's something that starts with an 'h' but it ain't harmless," he replies setting his cup down.

"Alright Winchester, I'm going to hit this dungeon now," I say stepping away.

"It's Remington damnit," he yells waving his fist at me.

Two glowing pink eyes appear behind Remington as I head through the temple toward the dungeon. It's a lovely night for a stroll. Daedreams light my way as I head down steps toward a small beach. The beach where all this began.

"Oh Remi, you're still waiting for me here," Sally says creeping up behind Remington.

He drops his shotgun in terror and backs into the large eagle statue. His hands motion over his chest.

"In the name of the father, the son, and the Holy Ghost, lord please forgive me," Remington says placing his hat down by the statue.

Don't know what happened after that because I was standing outside the dungeon. After losing to Lily I don't have the invincible high I had before. What if this time the dungeon is too much for me?

I step toward the opening to a cave. It's encircled by two large trees covered in vines. Moon's the most powerful Pal I have, but she doesn't always listen to me. After leveling up so high she won't seem to heed my words in battle. Doesn't stop her from stealing my blanket in bed though.

     Sambushi escapes his sphere appearing before me.

"Worry not mijo, if things seem glum then use me, I can handle this dungeon," he says placing his right hand on my shoulder.

He's right. I should put more trust in my pals. Even if my gear isn't up to speed I know they have my back. Once I enter the vines close behind me cutting off my exit. The only way to go now is forward.