Chapter 11 Vessel #33 Crescent Moon

"Get off the damned ship!" A man yells

"I can't, my legs, they shot my legs," another man says moaning.

I can feel men leading me and him away. They're protecting us. Who are they? They look like scientists.

"We have to protect the syrum, nothing else matters," a man says handing another man a box.

Is that, the Palsyrum? I step back from the men as I hear gunshots. Blood splatters across my face as they fall to the ground. I grab the case and drag my companion down the hall with me. It's not long before they catch up with me.

"Hand over the case kid," one of the men says.

I don't know what to do. If I give them what they want they'll surely kill me. If I refuse to follow their orders they'll surely kill me. I need him to wake up, I need Morado to protect me. He said he would keep me safe.

One of the men cocks his rifle and points it at me.

"Why don't you hand over that case nice and easy," he says with a smile.

I pull a needle from the case and take the syrum. It doesn't hurt at first. Then my blood begins to boil. I'm sweating and it burns. I feel sick. I want to vomit.

"Morado, help me," I cry.

I fall to my knees and he stands hovering over me. A timid scared boy risking everything to protect me. My Morado.

"Upyeraohw, Imaerehw."

*bang, bang, bang

"Morado!" I yell as more men approach.

"Tuokool, sudnuorallaeryeht."

*bang, bang, bang

"Moon, uoyhtiwgnorwstahw, gnineppahstahw," he yells.

The blood in my veins feels heavy as I convulse on the ground. I've never felt this pain before. It's like rose thorns are running through my veins. I scream in agony as my body begins to change. There isn't an object I can grab onto to lessen my agony so I curl up in a ball.

"I want to go home!" I yell.

Morado grabs me dragging me to a room at the bow of the ship. Gunfire echoes all around us. I feel his hand on my cheek and he looks into my eyes.

"Moon, uoyevoli," he says smiling.

I look down at my hands and they are covered in white fur. My entire body is covered in white fur. The syrum. Have I become a Pal? No, he won't remember me. Wait, I can save him this way. Before I was weak, I was powerless. Now I can save him.