Chapter 8 Sally Lovander

Ascending the stairs at my base I reach the large pal bed we made for Jessica

Ascending the stairs at my base I reach the large pal bed we made for Jessica. Somehow Indigo has made her way up here with her.

     "Indigo, how did you get all the way up here?" I ask.

Indigo stares into my eyes confused. That's when I see it, she has the eyes of a dragon.

"I see, you're Jessica's thrall," I say.

"Yes, once I was a human like you, but they poisoned the water, many of us were to die, Gaia took pity on our souls and saved us," she replies.

     "I don't want to promise you anything, I'm not strong enough to do much with the technology I have, and I'm not sure what I can do to improve."

     "Go to a dungeon, don't worry, I'll watch over the base," Indigo says rolling around on the bed.

     This is the first time I see Jessica's camouflage. It kind of reminds me of the illusion Mr. Kitty uses only instead of projecting an illusion Jessica is able to transform herself into human form. That's a power that might come in very handy.

     I'm not sure if I trust Indigo yet, but I gotta do something. I approach the front of a cave and pull my bat. We'll see what this dungeon holds.

     It's kinda empty as I step inside. I move to the next room and a few soldiers approach me. Moon puts them down before I can engage them. Taking a left I come upon a room with a chest. I open it and don't get anything good. The last room looks like a small island with a tree. There's a large pal under the tree looking sad.

     I step forward and swap my bat for my pistol.

     "I'm just on my way out, don't try anything," I yell.

     The large furry pink creature stands.

     "Lov-ander?"

     The creature begins to run toward me. I close my eyes as I sqweeze the trigger.

*Bang, bang, bang

     "Lov, lov, lov!" The creature yells.

     "Morado, catch her in a sphere and I will heal her!" Sam yells.

     I throw a sphere at Lovander and it begins to shake. I clench my fists, but my stomach doesn't churn from the violence. Have I become numb to it? The sphere clicks and I grab it heading to the exit of the cave.

     Two chests lie before me. I open the first and it's just more technical points. I open the second, and it's something more.

     "Hurry back to base, that's no normal Lovander you just caught," Sam says pushing me toward a bright light.

     Before I know it I'm back at base. Sam has furnished a dining room fairly well. He grabs the sphere I caught Lovander in and slams it on the floor. The Lovander appears lying on it's back.