Chapter 7 Sanctuary

I have a pleasant night with Zoey

     I have a pleasant night with Zoey. She seems to share my enthusiasm about hanging out with another person. Time slips away as we converse about nothing. It's good to experience small talk again. For some reason it seems like something I sorely miss.

As the hour grows late I grow tired. Zoey seems exhausted too. We decide to retire in her large pal bed.

"Zoey you are really close to me," I say as she wraps herself around my waist.

     "It's ok I'm just a girl, I'm not going to bite, too hard," she says closing her eyes.

      This large pal bed is very comfortable. It's not long before I find myself closing my eyes and drifting off. That was fun. Getting to feel some kind of social interaction after having no memory of any.

When I wake I notice Zoey hasn't moved from me, and Grizzbolt has returned, but she isn't worried about my presence at all. Maybe they trust me now.

     I do my best to sneak out of bed, can't sleep all day. I wonder around Zoey's tower a bit. The architecture is strange. For ancient technology it looks almost futuristic.

I step into what looks like a small kitchen and start to make some breakfast. This place is pretty strange. Rooms seem to come and go. I wonder who made this and how. That's probably something Dr. PAL is trying to figure out too.

     I must say it seems kinda lonely here though. Locked away in this big tower with no one but your pal. Even if you don't like people, it's nice to have someone to talk to.

     The smell of Chikipi eggs fills the air. I can hear someone's nose sniffing the air. Zoey drapes her arms over me unexpectedly. I jump a little and she laughs. She seems amused by me, and comfortable around me. It's almost as if she considers me a friend already.

"Morado, can I ask you a favor?" Zoey says.

"Sure, why not?" I reply pouring some eggs on a plate.

"I have a friend, but she has been taken, her name is Carmen, roll the 'r', and she's been confined to an island since the researchers took her," Zoey says.

"What kind of island?" I ask.

"The wildlife sanctuary south of here, it's dangerous, so it's ok if you don't want to help me," she says looking away.

     I guess that's her way of trying to be cute. I'm not sure if I have time to run errands though.

"I think we should put this off for a bit while I try to find some schematics," I reply.

Zoey kicks me in the nuts, sending me to my knees writhing in agony. It's a good thing I put the pan down. What is wrong with this girl?

"Why you gotta make this so hard, I asked you nicely now say that you'll help me!" she yells angrily.