Chapter 9 Syndicate

The stench of science fills the air

     The stench of science fills the air. Noxious chemicals and poisonous potions. I wake in a cell surrounded by Lunaris, though known of them are Moon. They float about chanting.

"Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice."

One of the Lunaris turn to me and I meet it's gaze.

"Luna, ris," it says.

"I don't understand you," I say crawling toward the wall.

"Kill me, they will," she stares into my eyes, "kill us, we'll die."

"I don't understand what you're saying," I yell pushing her away.

Tears run down her cheeks and she grabs my shoulders shaking me.

"Kill us, help," she says wrapping herself around me.

All the Lunaris in the room swarm around me holding each other. What is she saying? What's going to happen to them?

     The cell door opens and the Lunaris huddle around me in fear.

     "Pathetic, he can't help you, now let's go," a well armed Syndicate soldier says.

"Wait, what are you going to do to them!" I yell standing.

*Bang

     I fall to the ground holding my leg as blood pours through my fingers. I understand now. All those Lunaris. They're going to hurt them, and I can't do anything but sit in this cell. I need to save my pals and get my Paldeck back.

     A few hours go by before the Syndicate return to my cell. I just sit there holding my leg in agony trying not to bleed to death. The door swings open and I look up through the bars to see a large dark haired man with pink eyes. By the looks of him he's their leader.

     "What bullshit have you filled my daughter's head with, there is no outside world, the memories you seek are lies, there is only Palworld," he says leaning down to me.

     "I find you an interesting specimen though, since you're new here I'll give you a little test to see if you can survive, bring them in," he says motioning to his men.

     Syndicate soldiers toss Sally and Mr. Kitty into the cell with me. Their leader drops my butcher knife at my feet.

     "You have one hour, choose between them," he says with a cynical smirk.

     Sally cowers in a corner. As one of my newest pals she surely thinks herself disposable. Mr. Kitty steps toward me taking a deep breath.

     "I should be the sacrifice, I don't deserve to exist," Mr. Kitty says.

     "Sambushi would never forgive me," I say grabbing the butcher knife.

     "I may be your Pal, but I won't let you kill her," Mr. Kitty says stepping infront of Sally.