Chapter 13.5 Sam and Minx Part II

Defeating the four tower bosses doesn't change anything

     Defeating the four tower bosses doesn't change anything. This is still Palworld. By the time the strange structure appears we are exhausted.

     The ground shakes as a small island appears between the Palpagos Isles and Gaia the world tree. Tall waves pound the shores violently.

     It doesn't look like land, it bears more resemblance to the ancient technology scattered about the islands. My gut is telling me it's a massive research facility. I grab Minx pointing toward it. She smiles cynically as she observes the waves pushing back the shoreline.

     "Looks like we're in for a fight, I can't wait to taste death again," Minx says with lust in her eyes.

     "Just stay wary, this might be something we haven't encountered yet," I say.

     "Are you worried about me?" Minx asks.

     "I would be lying if I said I wasn't, you are on my mind," I reply.

    Minx seems pleased with the answer. She seems to trust me, so I'll put my trust in her.

    We take a brief break to recover. After working the campfire for a bit I find that Minx seems fond of berry toast. I'll have to remember this recipe.

The moon reaches its peak as we sneak onto the island. It's like I thought. A giant research facility. The security seems to be lacking. We only have to dodge a few patrols to get in. And that's when we discover the secrets of the wildlife sanctuaries.

     Sometimes I wish I never entered that facility. I wish I had just played it on repeat over and over again without knowing. Just living in ignorant bliss forever.

     The ceiling creaks from the pressure of the earth above as we sneak down a set of stairs. Once we enter the building it's an appalling sight.

     Pals on tables being dissected, their blood dripping sloppily on to the unkempt floor. Others are in tubes being sucked dry of their essence. Is this a research laboratory, or a Palfactory?

     "Hey, who the hell are you?" A large pal says towering over me.

     The creature stands tall exceeding my own height. Upon its crown rests large horns. A purple blaze emanates from them not unlike the one above my head. An Incineram. He must have become nocturnal like me and Minx. He'll make for a savage opponent.

     I can feel Minx soar past me as her fist slams into the Incineram-noct forcing him to the ground. He's not pleased with the attack. He regains his composure and Minx throws a flurry of punches.

      Moving at incredible speeds he catches Minx by the wrists rendering her helpless.

     "That all you got desert bitch," he says with a smile gripping her wrists tighter.