Chapter 15 Free Pal alliance

Rays from the fire burning in the sky force my eyes open

      Rays from the fire burning in the sky force my eyes open. Moon has taken Zoey's place by my side in bed as she often does. I've taken a small respite from adventuring to manage materials at my base.

My hands rub through Moon's soft fur as she purrs gently. All seems peaceful until I hear the pals at my base making a commotion. My window shatters as a flaming bolt pierces it. Moon wakes as I jump out of bed.

The cabin is near engulfed in flames when me and Moon escape it. A familiar group of men approach my base. Shit, it's those guys again.

"Sir, there he is," one of the men says.

"And that poor brainwashed Lunaris is following behind him," another soldier says.

"He's degenerate scum, don't leave nothing, burn it all," a young girl says stepping forward.

Who the hell is this chick? I pull my Paldeck pointing it at her.

Lily Everhart

Leader of the free pal alliance Lily is a nature loving fanatic. She loves Pals worships them and shuns the eating of pals.

The girl kicks Cattiva out of her way with her bare feet as she approaches.

"A breeding farm, pathetic, you're the lowest of scum," she says stepping up to me.

I look into her angry violet eyes and smile. She doesn't know who she's messing with. I go to grab a sphere and she slaps me.

"Don't pull your balls out yet I'm not done scorning you for being a pathetic human being, look at all these Pals subjugated to your will," she yells squinting her eyes.

I go to draw my pistol but Sam appears between us like a flash of light.

"Don't, she's far more powerful than you," Sam says over his shoulder.

"So what, I just let her destroy my base and hurt my Pals?" I say angrily.

"Whatever we must do to survive," Sam says gripping his sword.

"You defend him samurai, you disappoint me, when you learn how to handle yourselves come find me in the Frostbound Mountains, and sorry about your base, I wouldn't have destroyed it if you weren't so weak, pervert," she says as she leaves.

"I have an extra pair of shoes if you need them," I say as she steps away.

She stops for a moment flipping me a bird before she leaves.

I sift through the ashes that used to be my base as our enemy retreats. Sam pulls a nearly pristine comfy palbed from the ruins and helps himself onto it.

     "I know you aren't going to take a nap while the ladies do all the heavy lifting," Carmen says rubbing her soft fur against the bed.

    Sambushi yawns making himself more comfortable. Carmen grows irritable. Minx steps up and pats Carmen on the head.