Chapter 12 Minx

After my romantic night with Zoey I trust her to watch my base

     After my romantic night with Zoey I trust her to watch my base. That and she has nowhere else to go. I need to travel to the desert and mine coal so I can make gunpowder. There are other things I need there, but the coal is the most important.

I fly Jetdragon onto the top of a mountain in the center of the island. There seems to be an abundance of coal here so I make a palbox. I erect a little wooden cabin and a few hot springs before I summon any pals to the base. They'll primarily be working so I want to make them as comfortable as possible.

I fill my base with mostly pals that mine. There's not much else here. Ofcourse I drop the berry farm so they don't starve. Cattiva looks pleased as she mines coal and carries it back to a large chest. I get Sambushi to help me make berry paste and spread it over large pieces of bread.

      Cattiva and Depresso join me at a large table. There's a feast of berry pasted bread.

Depresso changes his seat placing himself beside  Cattiva. He's timid, and so is she. No one wants to make the first move.

I leave the table and send out Moon. We spend several hours making a breeding farm. Sambushi uses his flames to bake a cake. By the time the sun sets we are finished and Cattiva and Depresso join us at the farm. I hand them a cake and head to bed.

    They seem happy enough with each other. This is my first time observing how pals interact romantically. I take a few pictures of Cattiva and Depresso before their long night begins. Why not celebrate the new couple?

The next morning I find an egg laying in the ranch. Cattiva and Depresso seem pleased with themselves. Maybe I'll leave them to make more eggs.

I spend my last two ancient technology points to build an incubator. My Paldeck vibrates and I see the picture I set for Zoey pop up on it. It's one of her beautiful smile. She sent me a message. I guess it's seven.

I open it and it's a picture. Grizzbolt is holding Indigo up like she's flying like a dragon. The caption reads: "We're having fun without you dummy, today Indigo wanted to play princess and the dragon, only she wanted to be the princess and the dragon, don't stay gone too long or I'll have to come find you."  
                                   Butterfly kisses- Zoey

      I go to press the call button but stop. I don't have time to talk right now. I need to get some sleep.

When I wake the egg has hatched. It's a Vixie. How the hell did I put a Cattiva and a Depresso together and get a Vixie?

"Sam, Sam, what the hell!" I yell.

"I'm not sure what you were expecting Morado, you put pain and fear together and it made something beautiful," Sam replies.

I lean down to the newly hatched Vixie and it leans up licking my cheek.

"Are you going to name it?" Sambushi asks.