Chapter 19 Axel and Orserk's Assault

After losing Lily and Zoey I start to feel more detached from the world, even callous against it

     After losing Lily and Zoey I start to feel more detached from the world, even callous against it. Atleast when I had them to talk to I had someone. It's not that I don't enjoy the company of my pals. It's just different with another person.

     "I know that you are upset mijo, but the world is still turning, time is still passing, why are we sitting around doing nothing?" Sam asks.

     "You're right, there's a lot to be had on the island of Mount Obsidian where we found Jessica, perhaps we should take up a base there, it would make it easier for us to take the tower," I reply.

     "If that is what you want mijo," Sam says bowing.

     Sally steps up from behind him. She holds her wrist out displaying a brand. I don't know how I didn't notice it before.

     "There is a brothel filled with Lovander and Wixen, other pals too, near there, I could get you in, maybe we could...," she stops afraid to ask anything of me.

     "Sally, you don't have to be afraid of me, I'm not your master, I'm your friend," I say with a smile.

     "Morado, help them," she says grabbing my wrists her eyes filled with desperation.

     "Don't worry, I'll help them," I reply.

     ....

     "Sally you can let go of my wrists now."

     "My apologies master Morado, holding you in restraint like this has my mind wondering and my heart racing," she says releasing me.

     "Um... cough* yeah, I think we should head out," I say clearing my throat as my lunch attempts to exit before being fully digested.

I make a base at the foot of the volcano where wood and stone is plentiful. After putting a few pals to work I head toward what looks like a small ship port to the southwest.

The sun dips below the horizon and the port is lit with neon lights. Lights that make me think of something pornographic.

     I step into port and a Flopie shoves me toward an open door. She forces me inside closing it behind her quickly. There's a look of desperation on her face.

I would say she is scantily dressed, but pals usually aren't wearing any clothes. She's adorned in what I'm assuming is supposed to be provocative lingerie.

"What are you doing? Who are you?" I yell.

     "Lower that seductive voice of yours or you'll alert them," she replies.

The Flopie floats up to me and wraps her tiny arms and legs around me as she begins to cry. Sally's sphere bursts open and she pets the Flopie's ears. It's strange being held by a pal wearing lingerie. Her fur is soft though.