Chapter 18 Mourning

My stone fortress on the windswept hills stands like a giant monument to my accomplishments

My stone fortress on the windswept hills stands like a giant monument to my accomplishments. It's also the base I keep most of my medicine in. That must be why Zoey is there.

     The night is still young as I bang on my own front door. Grizzbolt is lying on a large palbed nearby with Carmen. Strange that she's not with Zoey.

     The door bursts open and soft hands grab my wrist pulling me inside. It's Zoey, but she seems different. She pulls me to the bedroom with a lively vigor.

     "I'm glad to see you're ok," I say sitting on the edge of my bed.

     "Morado, can I ask you something?" Zoey says sitting beside me.

     She's energetic but she seems nervous. I'm not sure I've seen her act like this before.

     "If it's about you staying here, I don't mind," I say rubbing my head.

"It's not that."

     Zoey steps off the bed and stands infront of me facing away. The sound of a silk knot being undone rips into the silence of the night. Her kimono slides gently down the curves of her body as she looks over her shoulder seductively.

     "I want something from you Morado, I need something from you," Zoey says with a hunger in her voice as she bites her lip.

     "Zoey, should we-," I pause as she presses her finger against my lips.

     Her undergarments are a very appealing lace black lingerie. They compliment her athletic figure pushing her perky breasts together and showing off her firm buttocks. There's a small black bow almost like a rabbits tail at the base of her spine. It helps to draw attention to the dimples in the small of her back.

     "One word Morado, I just need one word," Zoey says staring into my eyes longingly.

    I freeze for a moment. I've been so preoccupied with what's been happening that I didn't even notice her advances. She's been dropping me sly hints. I barely hesitate for a moment before answering her.

"Yes."

     *Sambushi and Moon enjoy the moonlight by the waterfall.

     "I see no tears, are you not upset?" Sambushi asks.

     "Morado, happy, I want Morado, happy," Moon replies with a crooked smile.

     Sam lights his large pipe taking a big puff. The air fills with the exhaust of a strange poison as Sam raises his pipe.

     "Would you like a puff?" Sam asks.

     "Does it make Moon smile?" She asks.

     "I hope so," Sam says handing her the pipe.