2

i lifted up my suitcase and duffel bag and placed them on top of my bed. i opened them and began unpacking all of my clothes and other belongings.

as i was placing all of my clothes on my bed, it dwelled upon me. where the hell is my closet? do i even have one?
thinking back to my initial scanning of my dorm, i didn't recall seeing one. but there had to be one.

i walked gave a quick look to the main part of the room then at the door. to the left, right across the bathroom door, there was another door. a sliding one.
i came closer to it and slowly turned the handle to open it.

ah. there's the closet.

by the time i was done organising all my clothes, putting up decorations i had brought, getting out school supplies, and setting up the bathroom, i checked my phone for the time.

'19:01 P.M' it read.

i had to get ready quickly to i'd make it to dinner on time. it was definitely going to be an experience. i never was a puntual person, so i needed to figure out how to get dressed and do my makeup in less than 25 minutes.
i strolled over to my new closet and started going through my clothes. i grabbed a black dress to wear to the dinner, and a pair of black flats to match it.

i changed into the dress and shoes, then looked at myself in the mirror.

yeah no.

the dressed looked too formal for a simple dinner, and the flats made me look short. also, the color was too gloomy.
i went back to my closet and searched through my clothes again; changed; looked at myself in the mirror; hated it; and went back.

this vicious cycle continued for at least fifteen minutes. by then, the clean dorm carpet had turned into a mess of clothes and shoes sprawled out all over it. i was wasting my time being indecisive.
reluctantly, i picked out a cherry-coloured minidress with red lace on it. it was one of my favorites; my mom had given it to me the year before, on my 16th birthday. though, as pretty as it was, i wasn't sure it was 'first dinner at my new boarding school' pretty. nonetheless, i had no time at this point, so i settled and wore it. i paired it with sheer black tights and knee high boots.

if i was going to freeze in the weather while wearing a short sleeve dress, i might as well would've had mercy on myself and wore more on my bottom half.

checking out the outfit in the mirror, it was okay. gorgeous- but maybe sweden had a different sense of style than spain did.

i attempted to do minimal makeup in the 10 minutes i had left.

concealer, mascara, crimson blush, and red-ish lipstick.

i grabbed my phone and keys; stepping out of my dorm. i walked down the hallway into the common room area. it seemed everyone had left for dinner already. it was empty, other than one girl.
she had a short stature with short brown hair, and brown eyes.
i made eye contact with her and figured maybe she'd tell me where the dining room is.

"...hello?" i asked, hoping she knew english.
"hi." she replied.
"do you know where the dining room is?"
"yes."

i waited for an answer but she didn't add anything else.

"can you take me there?" i smiled at her, guiltily; embarrassed i was being persistent.
"uhh- yes, i can." she said looking back at me.

she looked at me up and down.

"...are you new?" she asked.
"um.. yeah. i'm new, i just moved here from madrid, spain. nice to meet you. y/n l/n." i said, giving her a small smile; reaching out my hand to her.

she shook my hand and nodded.

"my name is sara."