6

we stared at each other for a few seconds before wilhelm began speaking in front of everyone. then he returned to looking at him.
i looked back at madison, motioning to the guy i just saw.

"who is that?"  i whispered to her.

she moved, looking behind me.

"the blond one? vincent."
she whispered back, making a grossed out face.

"no, the one next to him, with black hair."

"ah. august."

"august?"
"like the month?" i asked.

what a weird name.

"yeah, august horn of årnäs. he's wilhelm's second cousin. he was erik's best friend when he went here."

"...he's a royal?"

"not really, he's just connected to the royal family."

i nodded, taking another look at him.

"he's cute" i said, breaking into a smile; like a little girl who just found her new crush.

"he's an asshole" madison replied.

"just my type." i said half-joking.

i wish i could've said i was fully joking, but i wasnt. there's just something about shitty guys that draws me in like a magnet towards them.

the ceremony ended and we all began class.

when we visited the school with my dad and we met all the teachers, although i was a first year, they recommended i was placed in 3rd year level classes since they were all taught in english and it would be easier.
i also had good grades in my last school so they weren't worried about academics.

when i walked into the classroom of my second class of the day, there he was.

august horn, sitting next to the blond guy, vincent.

we made eye contact with each other and i sat down in an empty two-seat table in the back of the class. 

the teacher walked in and everybody stood up.

i figured to stand up as well.

"good morning mr. smith" everyone chanted at the same time.

"everyone, apart from our obvious new student, prince wilhelm, you might have noticed we have another new student. y/n, could you stand up and introduce yourself?" mr smith said.

i felt like dying in that moment. everyone was looking at me, including the boy.

hesitantly, i stood up.

"hi, i'm y/n. i'm uh.. from spain. i just transferred here from madrid." i said out loud, forcing a fake smile onto my face.

"hi y/n" they all replied at the same time.

once the teacher had turned around to write on the board, august got up from his seat and quickly sat down on the empty seat next to me.

"hello." he said, smiling cheekily at me.

"hi." i said quietly.

"august horn of årnäs."
he stretched out his hand to me.

i shook his hand.
"y/n l/n"

his hand stayed on mine for longer than the usual handshake, so i nodded awkwardly and pulled my hand away.

he looked at me up and down.

"l/n, that's spanish right? is your whole family from spain?"

i literally just said that i was from spain? maybe madison was a little right.

"uh.. yeah. i'm from madrid- i just said so." i replied.

"did you?" his eyebrows went up.

"yeah."

"well i apologise then, i just get distracted when im looking at beautiful things."

"right." i said rolling my eyes, sounding annoyed.

deep down, his charm had worked on me. but was i going to give him the benefit of the doubt? no.

of course not.

i was not about to get played by him.