4

i had dinner and exchanged social media's with most of the girls there. including sara; she seemed really kind. i didn't understand why the others treated her as they did.

once we were all done eating i went back to my dorm. i had found out from speaking to the other girls that i was the only first year girl who had a dorm to herself. i assumed my dad had something to do with it. he probably payed someone off knowing that i hated the thought of sharing a room with someone i didn't know.

my mom and dad were wealthy socialites in spain. they both came from old money families and inherited all of their money from their parents. my dad worked in the marketing industry; representing big celebrities back in my country, and my mom- she was one of those trophy wives. you know, the ones that are super pretty, go to the gym all the time, get botox every week, eat too healthy for their own wellbeing, play golf for no reason, and are the leaders of their mom-friend groups?

yeah. that was my mom. we didn't exactly get along. i never appreciated her unwanted opinions on my matters (which didn't concern her), and that caused arguments between us all the time.

but i do regret not treating her better or being more patient with her. she did try hard to be a good mom, and to be fair, it was her first time being a mother too.

as i laid down on my bed, i unlocked my phone. i noticed i received a bunch of notifications on instagram and wanted to check out what it was all about.
i saw madison, felice, sara, stella, and other girls were following me. i also noticed i was added to a group chat with most of them. sara wasn't in it though.

i laughed slightly at the name and opened it. there were some texts in swedish but i noticed i was tagged in a message.

-HILLERSKA BITCHESSS-

@maddymccoy: @y/nl/n DID YOU SEE??'
@y/nl/n: no? see what?
@mariaaa: OMG YOU DONT KNOW!!
@_felice09: prince wilhelm, he is transferring to hillerska
@stellaellaa: JA!!
(YES)
@y/nl/n : ...who?
@maddymccoy: THE PRINCE
@y/nl/n: WHAT PRINCE
@_felice09: sweden's prince 🇸🇪 <3
@y/nl/n: like THE prince of the country??
@mariaaa: JAAAAA
(YESSSS)
@y/nl/n: huh?? hes coming HERE?? when??
@_felice09: tomorrow will be his first day lol

i sent a final text before closing my phone. i looked up at the ceiling, thinking about how chaotic my first day would be now.
i was going to have to have my first day at my new school at the same time as sweden's prince was going to have his.