5

the next morning i woke up to someone knocking my door. i slowly opened up my eyes. it was still dark outside.

who had the nerve to knock on my door at this time?

i got up and opened my door, seeing the housemistress standing there holding clothes.
"this is your uniform, please wear it. hillerska has to look its best for the royal family." she said handing me it.

i took it; the housemistress leaving before i could process what she said or reply in any way. i closed my bedroom door and placed down the uniform on my bed. it was a wine red skirt and blazer, with a white dress shirt and tie.

i opened my phone, ignoring the messages i had gotten from all the girls i met the previous night. it was too early in the morning to deal with everything.
'6:30 A.M' the phone read.
it was too late to go back to sleep, so i figured i would simply get ready.

i went into my bathroom and showered. once i had showered i felt much better and awake.

i picked up my phone again and made sure to reply to all the dm's i had gotten.
i dried my hair and straightened it. i put on my dress shirt and skirt, along with knee high white socks and a pair of black mary janes i liked.

i began doing my makeup, putting on a lightweight skin tint and concealer. then put on eyeliner and mascara. finally, i put on lip liner and pink lipstick. i put a bit on my cheeks and on top of my nose, blending it out so it looked like blush.
i got up and reached over to my jewellery box. i wasn't sure if wearing jewellery would be too much. i ended up just putting two black hair clips in my hair so it would match my shoes, with no earrings or necklaces.

i checked the time and noticed i still had time before starting class.

i decided i would go out to see if i found breakfast anywhere near.

i left my dorm and walked out of the girls dormitory, beginning to stroll around the school and seeing if they had a cafeteria.

i went on my phone as i was walking; not paying much attention to my surroundings. suddenly, i heard fast steps towards me and someone bumping into me hard, knocking my phone out of my hands.
i looked up to see a guy my age. he was in very neat school uniform, had long brownish ginger hair, freckles, and looked extremely embarrassed he had bumped into me that hard.

"skit-, jag- jag är så ledsen, jag försökte fly från min bror erik." he said.

i looked at him confused.
"skit", well, that meant shit. and then the second sentence meant sorry.
...bror erik? brother? oh, his brother.

he was running from his brother.

he picked up my phone from the ground and handed it to me.
"så ledsen för det" he spoke, giving me a small apologetic smile.

"it's okay." i replied in english, smiling back and taking the phone from him. i knew how to reply in swedish but i didn't want to embarrass myself trying to pronounce it.

he was staring at me curiously. me staring back as well.

a guard- or that's what it looked like, came up to him and said something. he looked at me sympathetically, and spoke.

"i have to go, they're having a ceremony. i think you have to go too. i'm uhhh- wilhelm. sorry about your phone"

how odd.

"it's fine. i get it, i have siblings too." i replied.
"i'm y/n by the way."

he gave me a small smile before walking away.

he had said that i needed to go to whatever school ceremony he was going to. so, i walked in the same direction he was going, making sure to keep my distance from him. i didn't want to get in trouble with security or seem creepy.
soon enough i started getting messages from my new friends asking where i was and why i wasn't where i was supposed to be. i walked into the main school building and looked around.

everyone was sitting down and all the teachers and other faculty staff were standing up. behind them was the school chorus. the only person i recognized there was felice.

i sat next to the girl i had met before, madison. she was sitting in the same area as all the other regular students.

the headmistress of the school appeared and began giving a speech. she explained how the prince of sweden would be joining us as a student.
everybody then turned around to the entrance of the place, where the same freckled boy i had just spoke to, walked in.

oh. my. fucking. god.

i spoke to the prince. THE prince ran into me and i met him as if nothing.

he walked across the space between the seats towards the front of the room where the headmistress was.

as i was looking at him walk, my eyes drifted off to someone behind him. a tall guy. he was sitting down near the front. he had black curly hair and blue eyes. he was very slim, handsome, and looked just as neat as wilhelm.

somehow, his own sight derailed away from the prince, locking eyes with me.