9

i turned around to see who had just put their hand on my shoulder.

to no one's surprise, it was august.

he smiled at me and bent down to be at my level, putting his face close to my ear.
"i don't think you want to associate yourself with these type of people, y/n." he whispered.

pardon me??
what is one even supposed to reply to something like that???

"i-"
i was speechless; trying to come up with something, ANYTHING, to say, before being cut off by simon.

"gå knulla dig själv" he spat back at him.

i hadn't heard the phrase before so i didn't know what he said, but judging by the irritated look august had on his face and simon's tone itself; it had to be bad.

"ingen pratar med dig socialist." august answered back sharply with passive aggressive smile on his face. his hand still lingering on my shoulder.

socialist? yeah i'm not feeling his attitude towards them.
the thing with guys like august is that sure, they are attractive, and they have their asshole moments sometimes, but they need to know their limits. there's a difference between having borderline questionable morals and just being a piece of shit.

"what's wrong with being a socialist?" i asked him, my tone slightly rude.

he looked back at me dumbfounded.
"wha-what's wrong with them??"
"you've spent too much time with them."

"you're being rude for no reason. i'm not going to your shit party." i said dryly.

he sighed and put his hands up in surrender.
"jag ber om ursäkt"
(i apologise)

i only looked up at him with a blank stare.

"...you're going?" he asked.

"bara gå" sara replied before i did.
(just go)

he finally walked away. i could only imagine how he looked; probably mocking everything to his friends and laughing at it while i had my back turned to him.

school ended and i was exhausted. i managed to make it through all of my five classes.
i opened the door to my dorm, quickly shutting it and closing my window's blinds. i took off my blazer and mary jane's; leaving my skirt and dress shirt on, then slumped my body onto my bed.
i looked up at the ceiling and breathed out.
it felt like my energy was somehow completely depleted and i needed at least ten years of full sleep to make up for it.

i reached for my phone that had fallen out of one of my pockets on my bed, unlocking it.

my mind was full with everything that happened today. meeting the prince, meeting august, having my first day of school, trying to catch up in all my classes, trying to understand swedish, moving into a dorm, meeting simon and sara, and the god awful interaction the three of us had with august at lunch in the cafeteria.

i scrolled through my apps and clicked on instagram.
i clicked on felices profile remembering that her and august have known each other since childhood, scrolling through her following list. curiosity was getting the best of me.

'august' i typed into the search bar.

a single account popped up and i tapped it. when it opened, it was his instagram. @augustavarnas.
his profile picture was a picture of his mom's pet dog. it was a black schnauzer. as posh as it gets.
all of this posts consisted of pictures of him shirtless, partying, or doing some rich people stuff with his friends.

should i follow him?

nah.

it's too early. i can't flatter him like that; he can't know i went looking for his profile yet.

i put my phone back down and turned to the side, resting my head on the cold pillow. within minutes i felt myself drifting off to sleep.

i felt myself awake at the sound of a loud ding coming from my phone. furrowing my brows and with my eyes half closed, i reached for my phone.

'20:21'
'1 message from madison'

oh wow, i slept for four hours.

i tiredly opened the message to see what she said.

'heyyyy, are you going to the party tn? felice , stella, fredericka, and some other girls r going'

i stared at the text, my mind feeling blurry; i couldn't process what she was saying all the way.

'yea, when?' i sent back without thinking much.

i didn't remember what party she was talking about, but i was down to go to any party, anytime, anywhere.

within seconds she texted back.

'23:00'

'oh alr'

'OMG do you know what you're wearing yet???'

as i read the text over and over again, it dwelled on me. the party. AUGUST'S party for the PRINCE. i had to go to august's party now. i had just agreed to.

fuck.

'uhh not yet, why??' i typed back.

'AHHH OMG you should come here and we can try on clothes!!"

'you guys' dorm?'

'YES'