Ch.2 New Friends

Hi! I've decided to stay with the writing style of the last chapter.

~Catnap pov~

"Ok class have a good weekend" My English teacher said. It was time for lunch I'm pretty nervous to be sitting with a group. I don't really do well with lots of people around since... nvm. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I jump. "Sorry Catnap you weren't responding to me though." "Oh my bad Bobby I was just lost in thought. Um.. anyways where do you guys sit for lunch?" She then told me about this table under a tree and apparently it's a really good spot and a lot of people wanted it.

As we walked I caught a couple of people staring at me, it made me feel really uneasy. You think I would be used to it at this point with moving so much, but I've just never been a people person. "Nap!" I turned around to see my sister. "Oh hey Lunar how are you doing? Have you made any friends yet?" "Yeah a few and I can see you've also met someone" she said with a smug expression. "Well Catnap are you going to be a gentleman and introduce us?" "Oh yeah Bobby this is my sister Lunar and Lunar this is Bobby. And no she isn't my gf now don't start with that you know how dad gets." "Ok I won't I was just messing with you anyways. Oh shit I have to go to class! See you at home Nap." "Hey no cussing and yeah I'll see you then." Bobby giggled and I looked at her with a defeated expression.

*At the lunch table*

We've been sitting at this table for about 5 minutes now and it's starting to get uncomfortable. I got to meet all of Dogday's friends and they're all really cool and actually nice. There's Bubba who is on the debate team, Picky who is in culinary, Hoppy is on the varsity basketball team, and finally Crafty she's in art. This is honestly such a diverse group it's kinda weird. I wonder how they all became friends.

I looked around and saw them all gaze at me and then nervously look away. I then heard my stomach growl and I started realizing why they were looking at me. This is really bad, I was going to eat when I got home since we didn't get groceries yet and I don't have any cash. I just gave them a smile and went on my phone. Someone tapped my leg and I look to my side, it was Dogday. He then gave half of his sandwich under the table so the others couldn't see. "Thank you" I mouthed. He nodded and gave me a cute smile. I looked away and felt my face warm up a little.

*Timeskip After school*

The final bell rang and we all got up. I know my step mom is going to pick up my sister, but I have to walk because she literally hates me. It's only a mile walk no big deal right? No I can't trick myself this fucking sucks.

~Dogday pov~

As I was about to back out of my spot I saw a familiar feline. "Hey Catnap need a ride?" He looked around confused before seeing me. He walked up to my car and I rolled down my window. "Are you sure I mean.. that would be great, but we just met." "It's no big deal silly and it gives me an excuse to see you more." WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME. That sounds so bad. "O-ok Dogday th-thanks."

We've been sitting here in silence for like an eternity. Why am I such a dumbass. "It's right there on the left." I pulled over and Catnap got out. As he was walking to the door I got a sudden urge to talk to him. "Hey Catnap can you come back real quick?" "Sure what is it?" He said now leaning with his elbows on my car door. "Well I was thinking why don't we give each other our numbers and we could hangout this weekend. You know I could show you around the area." "Sure sounds like a date doggy." What?! Why do I feel sick right now? "I'm just messing with you Dogday don't die on me" He said while laughing. "Oh yo-u got me goo-od" I said fake laughing.

Wow that was fun to write. Did I get any of you with the fakeout? I was originally going to have Catnap actually mean it as a date, but I decided it would be better to have them slowly become closer.