Ch.4 An Old Life

WARNING: Blood, Drugs, Sexual Assault, Abuse, Death, Rape. READ BOLD BELOW

So I'm doing my end text at the beginning this time. This chapter will go into detail and won't be easy to read. That's the point, though. If you don't want the details, I understand, and at the bottom you will see 🐈 emojis, below that will be important story impacts from this chapter. That way you can just read that and still follow along in the future. Also, this will most likely be the hardest chapter I write bc of the dark tone. It took me about 14 hours to write this and make it feel like I wasn't disrespecting the topic while also being gruesome. Also next chapter will be a little dark in the beginning but no where near this.

~Catnap pov~

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GRAMPS. YOU AINT MY DAD ILL FUCK YOU UP YOU DIRTY MUTT." I threw my ice cream at that asshole, then I slowly realized what I had actually just done. Why couldn't he just shut up. It isn't fair it's not my fault it's that dumb bitches. At this point I could barely see from all these dumb tears, but I just looked over and saw Dogday looking at me... scared. "I ...sniffle... need to go." I just ran as fast as I could out of that shop.

I was running for what felt like hours. My emotions ranging from sad to angry and scared. Oh, I'm at a park.. I should no I need to sit down. As I was sitting at the tree I was shaking like crazy. At least no one will find me here since it's overgrown. Just then I saw a man looking around. He sat down and started to tie a piece of fabric around his arm. He pulled out a needle and stabbed himself with it. O-oh n-n-no pl-please do-don't. I felt my heart rate shoot through the roof, and my vision became blurry.

*Flashback 10 years*

"Happy birthday, too you!" I blew out my candles super-duper fast. "You have to make a wish, kitten." My momma said as she cut my cake. I wish to have a best friend! Because of daddy's work we're always moving, so it's never easy to keep friends. "Sorry none of your classmates came Nap." "It's ok Lunar because I got you three!" My dadda and momma looked at me with a sadish smile. "Well happy 6th birthday kiddo. I'm sorry we couldn't go out, but I promise once I get paid next Saturday I'll take you to play some games." "Really dad!" He nodded with a smile, but looked disappointed. Did I do something wrong?

We played and watched a movie on our TV! "Ok my kittens it's time for bed." "Ok mom" me and Lunar said. As I was sleeping, I heard a loud bang. Who would be up at this hour? Then I hear yelling and crying. I got up from bed and slowly walk to my parents room. Cracking there door ever so slightly, I looked in. "Where's the money?" "I-I spend it Nappy." I could see momma crying and shaking. "On what? No don't tell me. You're doing it again, aren't you?!" "I'm so sorry... please you have to believe me." "Why should I? You need help woman." I looked in shock as mom jumped at dad and clawed him in the face. He stumbled back and saw me looking through the door. I ran to my room and went to bed.

*Timeskip 2 years later*

"Hi my kitten, how was your day at school?" "It was good mom, but what's that smell." I watched as her fur stood up, "Oh, hit a skunk. Lunar had a play date with some girls so she rode home with them. So I was thinking why don't we go somewhere." I shook my head up and down like crazy and she giggled.

She looks so different then I remember. After that night 2 years ago, things really changed. Dad wears an eyepatch now and I know why, but he just says it's because he looks cool with it. And momma, it's like some days she's not even on the same planet. She's lost a lot of weight and always looks so tired. I'm happy because today she looks more energetic.

"Ok kittten we're here." I looked out the window excited. "Umm where are we mom?" She looks panicked again and started itching her neck. "Just wait in the car Catnap I... uh... I have to go get something from the store real quick." What did she just call me? She always calls me kitten what's up? No matter it's probably nothing. I laid back in the car seat and took a nap.