Chapter I

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Even when it's almost been a year that has passed, the flashbacks of Jellal's death still travelled through Erza and her children, Jeraline and Eric's minds. Everything went black when he passed away. Jeraline and Eric had trouble sleeping and they've gotten into more fights than they did when their father was still alive. But this was nothing compared to Erza's pain.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Being a single mother of two wasn't easy for her. It definitely wouldn't be any better if she had more than two children, but just this was already too much. This didn't mean she wasn't turning into a terrible mother, but it meant that she can't support both of them at the same time and worse, teach them magic at the same time. Especially when Jeraline's magic was primarily a combination of both Requip and Heavenly Body.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To add on top of that, surely, Jellal crossed her mind ever so often. Like when he was off to missions or journeys and away, as she wondered how she was doing and when he'll come back.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But now, he isn't going to come back.

* * * * * * *

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was around three in the morning and Erza was still awake. Ever since Jellal passed away a year ago, Jeraline and Eric began sleeping with Erza in her bedroom and cuddling theirselves all together. They no longer had the courage to sleep alone in their rooms when each night they have different stories of how Jellal got killed, which was quite odd for Jeraline, already being fourteen years old, but she still acted as if she was twelve.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As for Erza, not only the nightmares haunted her, but as well as the memories of his death, and the flashbacks of everything that had happened between them. How they met, given the last name Scarlet by Jellal, falling in love more than a hundred of times especially even after incidents happened among them, getting married and the most important part, the promises that were made in between bed times.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza stood in front of the window, staring at the night sky. She remembered, when her and Jellal use to look out the window, seeing the view of Magnolia, although those times were already gone. Her eyebrows lowered, when she noticed tears of sadness took over her whole self as she whimpered through the dark room that only the moon brought the small lighting.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's almost your death anniversary, right, love?" Erza asked, but of course, the person who she was talking and thinking about could not answer her question. Erza wiped her eyes and tears kept streaming down her face. "You were always bad at lying — but when you said you would stay with me until we breath our very last. . . That was probably the only lie I thought was real."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Despite being at her middle ages and suffering from insomnia because every time she did fall asleep, she would wake up because being in her dreams were far worse than reality, Erza still looked young as ever. People would still question her age, thinking she would still be in her teenage years. Her beauty hasn't disappeared, and her hair was still a brilliant scarlet red reflecting in the moonlight as she stood at her huge window in the darkness.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Mama?" One voice immediately snapped her thoughts, and then feeling a small tug on the top of her pajamas from behind. Before turning around, Erza wiped her tears and looked back to see the little boy with scarlet hair which was her seven year old son. At his age, he was suppose to be taller but his body was small enough that Erza brought him to her arms and carried him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Are you having nightmares again, Eric-kun?" She asked, as the little boy nodded and placed his head on her shoulder and wrapped his tiny arms around Erza. Erza smiled as she turned back at the window, moonlight reflecting them. She patted Eric's head and back, comforting him to whatever happened in his dreams.