Chapter XIX

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Today was the day.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza pulled herself in and then slowly releasing a deep breath. She looked at herself in the mirror of her bathroom, narrowing her eyebrows. Paying attention to the normal white blouse and blue skirt that she usually wore during her young days, she knew very well that today would be the day where she will be wed.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza thought of several things to do after the wedding. One of them was to kill Kokatsu, but she would have to face the consequences of the rest of the Magic Council. Another thing was to slowly try to convince the Magic Council that Kokatsu was bad, but she couldn't possibly find evidence. She knew that Kokatsu would find a way to make the Magic Council still be on his side.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza found it odd, or rather, very odd. For the past three days, the Magic Council was completely obedient to Kokatsu's orders. Even if they were tired, they were persuaded to help Kokatsu no matter what, making Erza think that they almost forgot their own life and freedom. She hated deciding how things would go, because planning a wedding with someone she doesn't love was an uncomfortable revulsion.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Sometimes, seeing the Magic Council members work for Kokatsu reminded her of how life was back in the Tower of Heaven.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kokatsu acted like no Magic Council Chairman. There was no professionalism in his works, and everything he does had no discipline behind it. Erza wanted to ask Draculus Hyberion, the closest contact in the Magic Council she can get, but the old vampire like man seemed to support Kokatsu like how everyone else did. Old members of the Magic Council wouldn't be able to answer her questions, so there was no point of asking Gajeel, Levy, Lily and Mest.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀In fact, Erza remembered about Mest.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀During the span of two years, Mest had been gathering information and connections about Jellal and Kokatsu, but he had disappeared for six months. Or rather, on a mission, the other Fairy Tail members say. Because of that, Erza had not been updated on any new information that might be there.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It actually frustrated Erza, since that Mest said he will try all his best to help, but he just seemed to be out of town as if nothing like that was ever told to her. Although she didn't want to regard anything that will happen in the future for she thought that people would think she's weak in a way.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But for some certain reason, her good friend and a friend of Fairy Tail itself, Meredy, also lost contact with her. She also said that she would try her very best to help Erza, but things were also done. However, Erza didn't seem to be too distressed with her. Erza didn't even bother to go visit Lamia Scale to see what was wrong, because she herself was already busy with things.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then again, Jellal was dead any way.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza looked down to her hands, and then holding them up to the sink was she turned one of the taps so water would come out. Her hands rubbed together as she gulped, wishing as if she were somewhere else. Her thoughts circled around the fact of how Kokatsu would treat her, or force her into doing other things that she doesn't want to do.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"When are you leaving, Mama?" It was her son who was standing at the door, leaning in and crossing his arms. Erza knew that her son was very against the idea and he refused to understand what she was saying, so she did not offer a smile when she saw her son.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Whenever they get here," Erza answered, as her brows were pulling in. "Do you want to eat? I'll make something for breakfast if you're hungry."