Chapter VI

* * * * * * *

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Mama. . ."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza ignored the small voices of both her children who were behind her, because of course, her thoughts only focused to what she saw earlier and that was the only thing in her mind since she came back home. However, it should be understandable.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Who could ever forget seeing the love of your life's head cut off, turning to bones, ash and dust? A bloody head, blood that was slowly rusting but still smelling awful and different types of insects or animals continuously eating it up.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza was actually having trouble to breathe because she was still contemplating to what happened. She walked to one of the kitchen shelfs that held all different types of cups as she took a glass and filled it with water, drinking it to calm herself down. She knew that Jellal was dead, yet seeing only his head decomposing and getting fed upon, that was very heartless.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀In the back, Jeraline and Eric only glanced at each other and both frowned, seeing that their mother was grief stricken even it's already been a year; like young love, when a mind thinks its gotten over the person they use to love because they haven't seen them in forever but once they do, the feelings suddenly strike them like lightning all over again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Both Jeraline and Eric slowly walked away and head upstairs because they knew that truly, Erza wanted to be alone. She had to be alone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀When Jeraline and Eric left, Erza was still breathing heavily while holding her glass cup lazily. She was staring out the little window across from the sink, biting her lips.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Jellal. . . Why?"

* * * * * * *

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀To appear by entering the guild on the next following day was a deliberately quiet experience. There was only a few breaths that were breathing in the guild, which were the Fullbuster's, since Lyon was there and the Dreyar's. Any other families did not seem to be present due to either family times. Erza did mention that Lyon and Meredy were going to visit, so she had to stopover even if her brain trapped tragic scenes from the day before.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Juvia seemed to be flinching frantically as if she was going to die any minute. She took a deep breath, squeezing her eyes as she moved her hands like her old, young self. "Erza-san, you've arrived!" Juvia exclaimed loudly. Even already having two children, she still spoke in third person and Gray did not mind her anymore like he used to.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Meredy and Lyon appeared in the guild, sitting down with their daughter Melody on Lyon's lap before both their eyes widened. Meredy then turned to the direction where Erza entered, standing up from her seat. "Erza!" She called. "I heard that something's up between you and the Council, but I never got into much detail. What happened?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The people that were in the guild waited for an answer as Erza walked to the table where all of them were gathered, sitting at the end of the bench and Jeraline sat next to her. When Eric and Melody saw each other, they immediately smiled and called upon Gregory, Gray's first child and son to play, minding their own business. That left with only Juliet, Juvia's daughter and child to topple on her lap and Miralexa standing between her father and mother.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza finally spoke. "The Council's forcing me to do something I'm never going to do. However, if it will just end up falling their way, I don't know what to do with my life anymore." She narrowing her eyebrows. Her voice was firm and steady, trying to note her emotions as she can.