Chapter II

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza blinked and narrowed her eyebrows, taking an ear of what Mest had just told her. She took her mind into a different way; maybe it's just something normal or something that's not that important as it sounds - however, her second brainwork didn't go with her first doctrine. She didn't allow her hesitation to continue. "What?" Erza sulked sickly. "How important is it that the Magic Council needs to see me?" She couldn't stop wondering, leading her to seize her hands on the door knob.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Jeraline and Eric suddenly appeared behind Erza, simply keeping their eyes on the scene, at the right side of their mother's view. They painted their troubled feelings right on their faces, looking up at their mother who still waited for an answer to her question. They saw Mest crossed his eyebrows with his teeth pressing towards each other tormentedly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I did not quite understand when those guards informed me, but I am sure that it has something to do with Jellal, old paperworks probably." The black haired explained, noticing that Erza's face darkened in a melancholy way. The question was already answered, but harder to actually put into small bits and pieces.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza paused for ten seconds and made a decision. "I'm going there, right at the headquarters," Erza quickly said without patience. "I have to know why this is happening all of a sudden." The moment when she heard Jellal's name, Erza couldn't help but be curious. "Who's the new chairman when Jellal — passed away?" She didn't want to remind herself that he died, but there was no other choice. And she knew that her husband was chairman and returned to being one of the Ten Wizard Saints until he died, but she never knew who took over, even when she was the chairman's wife.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't know too well of the new council members, so I'm afraid you'll have to find out who the new chairman is once you get there. However, I think Hyberion took over since he's still up and about in the council and he knows everything well." Mest answered. "I haven't told the guild because I don't exactly know what the problem is. . . I'll be heading out now."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Before he left, Erza concluded the small talk. "Thank you for reporting this to me. I'll be the one to tell the guild about this and make sure they won't meddle around with it." She said, before Mest nodded and turned around, leaving as he walked the opposite direction.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza then turned the handle to shut the door, looking at her two children who had their faces down with shock. Life for them was really hard and Erza couldn't possibly let this continue, although it applied to her the exact same way. She remained silent for a second before she heard Jeraline's voice, catching her guard.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Are we still going to visit Papa and find out things we were supposed to find out when you were about to leave the house?" Jeraline asked, looking up at her mother with narrowed eyebrows. "And, what was that about?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza frowned, looking at her daughter. "The Magic Council wants to see me, but the reason is still unknown," Erza answered, and then putting a comment to the rest of what her daughter said. "And, of course we're still visiting Papa. However, we'll have to take a look on what the Council has to say first." She glanced down to see what she was wearing and then breathing.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'll see if I could find out if
Papa's actually dead," she adds. "Would you two want to tag along with me?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was just a forecast of pink tinge on their cheeks. Erza let out one small breath, then exhaling afterwards. She watched as her daughter bit her lips and glanced at her brother, seemingly as if she wanted to make sure of something as the boy nodded. Secondly, Jeraline placed her eyes on her mother again and made the response to Erza's question.