Prologue

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The scarlet haired woman hummed a peaceful tune, while she was holding her knife and rapidly cutting the cucumbers and tomatoes. Her eyes sparkled as the sun from her windows shined through the blinds of the kitchen window, as she was preparing breakfast for her and her two children. She took a deep breath and turned an angle to look at her children, who were both reading the same book together.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Breakfast is almost ready, Jeraline-chan, Eric-kun!" Erza exclaimed, as she turned back to her cuisine and took out the well cooked white rice that was in the lacrima rice cooker and poured it into three bowls.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her two children stopped reading their interesting book and looked up at their mother, only to see her messy hair bun and her back. "Okay!" They both responded back, both smiling as Erza's daughter, Jeraline, then put the book that she and her brother were reading down on the marbled countertop, for she was holding it. She then tilted her head to the side, smiling cutely.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ah, Mama, when is Papa coming back from his mission?" Jeraline asked, and then her brother, Eric, also glanced at her with his lips puckered up and looked at his mother's back. "Hai, Mama! It's been three months and a week now, Onēsan and I miss him already!" Both of them were excited and waiting for an answer, as Erza stopped to look at them briefly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Papa and I have been sending letters instead of lacrima screens because they get in the way — apparently, the recent letter he sent was yesterday, he said he'll come home either tonight or tomorrow's early morning." Erza answered, and then she smiled as she finished preparing the food and brought it to the countertop, as she radiantly smiled. "I also miss him too." She added, and before she could sit down to enjoy the food with her children who were also about to eat, they all stopped when they heard heavy thumps on the front door, as someone was knocking loudly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Erza! Erza! Open the door!" It was a familiar voice; somewhat an old, male voice that Erza, Jeraline and Eric knew who it was, wondering why would they disturb them in an awful manner, as they scurried to the entrance of their house and opened their door to see the blond haired master of Fairy Tail who had quick breaths as he narrowed his eyebrows when he saw the Fernandes Family's faces.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What brings you here so early in the morning, Laxus?" Erza asked, rapidly blinking. She waited for an answer but Laxus paused for long until she resounded again. "What is it? Why —"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Laxus only handed a small rectangular piece of paper to the scarlet haired woman and did not talk. He watched as Erza's wonderful smile faded away as she slowly brought her hands up to hold the paper, and then feeling it was an envelope. She gulped, trying not to think of anything negative.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As she looked down, she read on the smooth surface of the envelope where said her name printed with nice cursive calligraphy writing, and to hell she knew well of who wrote that. "What is this?" Erza asked, but she wasn't expecting an answer. Her children clung to her but she wasn't paying any attention to them. Her full focus was the white material she was holding right now.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza tried her best not to tremble, as she voluntarily turned the envelope to open it, taking a look at what was inside, which was obviously a letter. She took a deep breath before taking the letter out of its package and then unfolding it and as soon as she guided her eyes to read the words carefully, her eyes were going puffy and watery. Every memory from the first day recalled in her brain while each word was acknowledged.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza,

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I hope you'll never get to read this letter, but in case you do, I'm writing everything to you in advance.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Take care of our children. No matter what pain you'll go through, you are the only one that Jeraline and Eric have and they are the only people you still have in our family. Stay with them, support them and teach them everything that is important and good for them to know. You know they're both strong because they're ours, but they still need assistance throughout their life and only you can give that to them now.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And as you are watching over Jeraline and Eric, don't neglect yourself either. Even if you won't feel like eating, eat. If you are going to prepare something, make it good for you. Drink enough water, get enough sleep and no matter how much the pain will corrupt you, you have to watch over yourself. You were the only light in my life that brightened up my path and you still forgave me after all the things I've did in the past. You brought me happiness in all the years I spent in my life when I met you and when we were just young, and don't ever forget the memories you've made with me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I love you, don't ever forget that. Thank you for everything, Erza.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Jellal.