Chapter III

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The sound of her heart thumping as loud as it can killed her inside.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The moment when she heard that last bit of the sentence, she lost track of the main situation. From her gasps, she couldn't calm down, narrowing her eyebrows and parting her lips, heavily sighing. She glared at Hyberion, while she clenched her fists that were on her sides. The vampire like man sighed, knowing what Erza was feeling by the looks on her face, but he could care less. He continued his speech and ignored her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"This rule would not apply if both partners in a married couple are still alive —"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Before anything else could happen, Erza did not hesitate any longer as she cut Hyberion off, then smashing her hands on the table that was in front of her, making the ground vibrate and move Jeraline and Eric's hair up for a second. Erza felt as if she was about to launch a bomb, as the whole Magic Council fixed their eyes on her but Erza showed no fear.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Why did you create that?" Erza asked madly, "More importantly, who came up with that rule?" Another question that posed in her mind that she was already thinking for the past year and earlier to this day; what if Jellal never died?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As expected, the Magic Council knew she was going to say something like that not only because of the past experiences of people they've faced but also because they knew Erza very well, especially the love that was between her and Jellal, even when Jellal has already ceased to exist in this world. But surprisingly, they allowed her to spit out what she was feeling despite already knowing what she was going to say.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I will never grant that request!" Erza yelled furiously, narrowing her eyebrows angrily with a speck of sadness lingering into her heart. Her voice recklessly scared the souls of the whole Magic Council, once and again. "I'd rather get locked up for years because of my actions than marry someone I never intended on marrying."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Quickly, Hyberion spoke up. "You have to, Erza. Besides, we mentioned that it's a benefit for yourself too. Remarrying will bring unlimited amounts of money and that would help support you and your family —" Again, Hyberion was broken off by Erza again, bashing her fists on the font, clenching them up the next moment.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza sarcastically chuckled. "Money? Money that can support my family?" Immediately, she went to her real attitude. "I don't want that pointless money!" Erza's anger was too unstoppable. "It doesn't have to be money, but every single benefit that remarrying to another person will give me, I will throw it away! I, alone am able to provide the needs for my children!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza growled. "There's nothing else in the world that I want except for two things, a prosperous life for my children, and —" Erza's voice became dry as she paused herself, but then went on. "All I want, all I want is just to get my husband to come back. . ."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I want Jellal to come back."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Jeraline and Eric gasped again, wanting to release their tears out. It was also including their mother to do that but of course, none of them did it. They were family and shared by the same blood, having the same feelings at each other. They didn't want others to see their proneness.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The Magic Council led their jaws open. Many of them were thinking of objecting her, but before they could give her a penalty, Erza stepped away from the altar and then grabbing the hands of her two children using both her hands as she looked up at them with a strong face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I apologize for my manners. I cannot simply follow that rule."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza turned around as she closed her eyes and from behind, all she could hear were small whispers already talking bad about her, and many voices calling out to her name to come back, but she did not have any courage to follow any order.