Chapter X

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Even when she knew she was strong, she felt as if she was going to lose against Kokatsu. The amount of physical energy and power was all around him and he might just single-handedly defeat her. However, Erza couldn't bother to doubt herself.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Come at me, darling," Kokatsu simpered. "Come at me to prepare how you'll come at me during our -"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Before he was able to finish his sentence, he instantly realized that Erza already appeared behind him, whipping her sword at him with magic. His eyes widened, but he quickly took his hand to block her as he turned around and used his other hand to launch out his spell.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀An immediate trail of black smog depressed Erza, as the scarlet haired woman gritted her teeth but rapidly requipped into a new set of armour. "Requip, Wing God Armour!" She yelled, as her armor changed and she jumped back to prepare for her next spell. "How ever I will come at you, must mean war. There won't ever be a time when I'm sincere."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Getting her tacts in place, she weaves her sword forcefully, causing a lot of air currents to travel all around the direction where she pleases. Erza sends off the cyclone she created all towards Kokatsu, striking him bleakly that sent his whole body back that hit the walls of Erza's house from the living room. The blast was strong enough that dropped frames on the wall to the ground and as well knocked a few tables.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What do you have here, Titania? The title you owned in the good old days," Kokatsu muttered, despite him taking in a bit of physical suffering. He looked at the frames that cracked because of the drop and blow, seeing that it was paintings of Erza and Jellal together. He grinned. "Don't you think you should move on, Erza? How much do you love him? Just keep in mind - Jellal's dead and there's nothing you could do about it. The only way of moving on is remarrying."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza cringed, watching Kokatsu stand up as his magic starts surrounding him. She took a step back to prepare herself for any sudden movements, then spoke. "Moving on does not mean that I will remarry just because I've accepted everything that has happened," Erza said. "Besides, at no time should you advise me what I shall do-"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza's eyes widened, then trailing her gaze to the corner of her eyes, but it was too late to make a sudden move. A black shadow appeared right behind her and instantly wrapped itself around Erza, tightly and sorely.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀However, when the black shadow surrounded her, the feeling was not surprising. Certainly, it hurt, but the pain gave her a bit of nostalgia.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The black shadow that was wrapped around her stingingly felt exactly like Jellal's Bind Snake.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Exactly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only difference was that it wasn't even Bind Snake and that Kokatsu wasn't even trying; he was slumped down on the ground and the only thing that was moving that controlled his magic was one of his hands. Not even his arm was raised, unlike Jellal when he casts Bind Snake. And as the spell's job, Erza suspended all her movements, but not by her, but by the magic. She gritted her teeth as her body felt frozen, and she can't move a single muscle.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"A deal is a deal, isn't that right, Erza?" Kokatsu asked her slyly. "Likewise, did you legitimately underestimated me just because you were Titania? Don't forget, I'm practically like your husband - the Chairman of the Magic Council. Well, looking on both ways, I am your husband."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The only thing Erza could do was scream in agony. It was just a black shadow, a literal black shadow that doesn't mean anything close to death but it felt so similar to being at the edge of living. Erza wanted to reply to him, shout loudly, but as the memorable spell it was, the black shadow secured her in.