Chapter XIV

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"How far are you going to go, Master Osaka?" The half maroon half whited haired man asked. "I'm not trying to alter your thoughts, I'm trying to tell you the consequences you'll face."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kokatsu's face tightened, glancing at his small inferior. "And what kind of consequences will I face, Hensou?" He replied, challenging him. "I'm the strongest mage in Fiore, taking all the magical abilities that Jellal Fernandes had —" Kokatsu stopped, but he smiled slyly. "Oh, did I say too much? You won't tell, will you, Hensou? You know your death will be as bloody as his death. . . Maybe even more gory."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The half maroon half white haired man who was named Hensou only shivered, then bowing his head. "I've. . . I've been loyal to your honour since birth, Master Osaka," he said with a shrilled voice. "To do such thing will be treacherous."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kokatsu snickered. "Of course," he said, then going back to the main subject. "But to mention it, Jellal had everything. An actual life, the life that I've always wanted but never received. Besides being clever and strong, his wife was the kind of woman that was in my lists. The only way for me to grab all that was to kill him, but little did I find out that marrying Erza would also help my life a bit."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Hensou could only cringe, clenching his fists. Even if he did want to say something, the outcome wouldn't be so great. He was nothing but a servant, and as of now, he wasn't strong compared to Kokatsu or any other strong mages, no matter what was inside him. Surely, he wasn't exactly planning to go against his master, but Hensou obviously did not actually approve anything that Kokatsu decides.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Asking questions was probably the best choice of how to talk to Kokatsu, or to agree with him if someone wouldn't want to include the violence.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Hensou gulped. "I've known plenty of men who have the same traits as the man you say," he suggests, although he didn't mean to sound as if he didn't know who Jellal was. "They're just not as — uh, famous, you could say. It would've been easier because it will bring less danger to your presence."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Eyeing him carefully, Kokatsu coughed. "Have you not realize what kind of power Jellal had? No man can have that much power. Not even the old villain Zeref and his good for nothing brother!" He shouted. "And I told you — there's Erza. Not only does she have those attractive features that almost any man would want, she's not called Titania for nothing."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"But besides all this, was there really a point?" Hensou asked. "I mean, after taking Jellal's life and swooping up all his strength and powers, what can that benefit you? You found out how stubborn the scarlet haired woman is — their guild might also be a threat. If they found out, all of it would be gone."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"The only way they'd find out is if you will tell all these secrets to one single person. I mean, they could also find evidence by themselves, but it is highly unlikely." Kokatsu sighed, and then crossing his arms. "Why am I doing this, you asked?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Please do not think that what I'm about to say is going to be against you," Hensou started. "But why wasn't I not been able to help you, all this time? I can't go anywhere —"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"The simple answer is that I want you to stay out of it," Kokatsu interrupted. "You'll just find out what I'm about to do next when I get back from my little trip to Magnolia again — boy, do I love forcing people."

* * * * * * *

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What the hell is this?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As the couple gathered around her, the scarlet haired woman held the crumpled up paper and only getting a cloudy vision. The blond haired man clenched his jaws, resting his head on his hand while he looked at the scarlet head with a pinched expression. "Why the fuck are you talking as if you were Jellal?" He asked, grimacing. "For Mavis's sake, that's what that husband of yours would say if he were to see my planning sheets."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza groaned. "How do you expect someone to understand these scribbles that go around and around without you explaining them? And you're the guild master, the eighth's grandson!" She looked at the white haired woman, although she seemed to pay no certain attention to anything. "Mira, did you even look at this?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza only stopped when she noticed that it wasn't Mirajane's usual upbringing self. She was in her normal human form however, her eyebrows were narrowed and her eyes were glued to the ground. She was conscious though, by means of not remaining a statue when asked a question.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Mira looked up and breathed, closing her eyes. "Laxus has been working on that till one in the morning last night," she said. "Although I glanced at it, my main attention is not about this, it's about what happened yesterday at the guild without my knowledge." Instantly, she tucked her head and her face in her arms to the table, so that no one would be able to see her face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Laxus frowned, looking at Erza. "Even if I don't want to come in with your shit, being a master means that I always have to help my comrades. In addition to that, that bastard had to harm my family," he said. "I'm going back to Mest's data from a while back about Kokats's connections with Jellal's death, and I'll further look into it. All these lines on the page shows the mindmap of all possible evidences to use against him. Natsu and Gray can give me a hand."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As he showed the crumpled up ideas written on paper to Erza again, the scarlet haired woman slowly started to see the bigger picture. She leaned back though, crossing her arms. "As of now, there needs to be pure and concise specific aspects about him and Jellal's death," Erza confessed. "The only information we've got is what Mest said, and that's not even confirmed."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Laxus did not reply, only taking a brief glance at his wife. Mirajane was really not in the mood, completely isolated from the conversation. Her head was down as her arms covered her whole face, and Laxus knew well that she wasn't sad at all. She was itching to kill Kokatsu.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"The point of this plan would also help me," Erza said, as Laxus looked back at her. "Even Jeraline-chan and Eric-kun. Thank you —"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Immediately, bursting inside the guild was the scarlet haired woman's daughter, but she wasn't alone. Surrounded with the whole crowd of young Fairy Tail members with their shivering bodies, sputtering and gaping their mouths. The second generation kids at the front with Happy, Carla and Lily flying on top.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀From the sudden commotion, Mirajane lifted her head and her mouth slackened, but she waited for someone to speak.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Mama," Jeraline started. "He's here again. . . And this time, it's probably the last time. . . P — please, hurry up. . ."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Erza stood up, narrowing her eyebrows. "What are you saying, Jeraline-chan? What's going —"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Jeraline screamed. "Dear Mavis! Eric's at risk since he's about to fight Kokatsu!"