I hate you - Max Verstappen

driver: Max Verstappen

pronouns: Not Mentioned

prompt: Enemies to Lovers

extended title:

"                                              i hate you

Oh do you now, sweetie?                 "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Max had the need to make it seem like it was his job making your day miserable every time he saw you, either pointing out something or just starting a fight with you, but your job was your job so you tried your best to remain silent as it was requested by the team, everything started when you first started this job as assistant to a PR Manager of the racing team you had to take pictures from time to time and serve to your boss' needs as requested it wasn't a bad job you really enjoyed it as the people were really sweet and kind to the requests but Max wasn't when it came to you.

Truth was that he was too dense to accept you were trying your best here and you knew that so you didn't really pay attention to what he said unless he did those long weird pauses he did sometimes, today was the first race of the season so you were sitting in the couch reminiscing your first days working there.

"Max! This is one of the new employees, please be kind." Your boss reminded Max as you walked by him, he kept eye contact.

"you do know my name right?" He asked, you nodded politely. "alright then I don't have to know yours." He said and left, your boss scoffed and called him back to mention your name and properly introduce you to the driver who upfront seemed to not give a shit about what your boss was telling him about you and your job here but he actually did give a shit at least a little bit.

He was really sweet with everyone and sometimes, just when needed, with you.

After a couple months of you working there, Max and you tried to make a bond once, it turned out pretty badly, you didn't exactly know why but it just did, one day Max came to you looking really pissed.

"listen, you and I will never actually be friends, I'm not really interested in a friendship especially if it is with you so please stop... talking to me, okay?" He blurted out.

"wait, we were friends?" You asked confused by the situation.

"never, and will never." He said, you nodded confused.

He never actually kept saying hurtful stuff, it was too far to do that, but you were just trying to have a normal working environment, do you job and go home with no problem.

A couple of things did happen though.

"Max, could you please just let me do my job please?" You asked one time, he looked at you.

"you do notice that I'm trying to do my job as well right?" He looked at you up and down and looked away.

"it'll be short, please I promise." You said, he looked at you and paused, his body was stiff and his eyes locked on you.

"okay... fine." He said after locking away, you thanked him and led him to where he was supposed to go, there were also sometimes that Max and you had... moments.