I'm Not Looking For Love - George Russell

driver: George Russell
pronouns: She/Her
prompt: "main" is out of a recent relationship
request by: @lvrkou

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

You and George had met when George was in his first season in Mercedes, you were also some kind of rookie in the place but you weren't a driver, you worked there in the merch stands of Mercedes, and George had a routine of going to the merch stand and while he talked to you he would sign some hats, shirts or any kind of merch that there was around for him to give to the fans and for him to stall enough for the time he wanted to talk to you about anything at all, he got you in trouble from time to time but since he was George Russell most of the time he got away with it. During those years you had been dating someone else, he didn't exactly work with you but he attended to most of the races especially the ones near the area where he lived so you saw him half of the season when you were working and saw him in between breaks, F1 was the main reason why the two of you had met, it was a common interest, and since you were friends with George he seemed more interested in your job than you at some points especially when he went to the races, he also tried to get into parties with you and George, mainly George because he swore the two of them were 'best friends' but in one of those parties, he cheated, ruthlessly right in front of you.

"how about... we go to my hotel room?" George asked trying to give his back to the cheater behind him, at that point you hadn't realized what your 'boyfriend' was doing.

"why? Johnny is... oh..." You spoke, then you saw him kissing another girl in a couch nearby the bar, George made a face and cover again. "no, George." You stated and stood up, you shoved Johnny making him back away from the girl.

"who are you?" The girl asked.

"his fucking girlfriend!" You pointed at the piece of trash sitting in the couch, the girl looked at Johnny shocked and stood up.

"you told me you were single!" She walked away.

"of course you fucking did!" You scoffed, George grabbed you by the arm but you just let go of his grip. "You're a pig and a fucking scumbag!" You pushed Johnny who was trying to explain himself and waving to protect himself.

"I didn't do anything!" He protected himself.

"you're such a coward!" You shouted. "you were kissing her right here!" You said, he groaned.

"it was just a kiss!" He stood up, you groaned back at him.

"and so what if I kiss George then, huh?" You pointed at him, he was standing right next to you and he frowned.

"that makes you a whore..." He said, you grabbed him by the collar and punched him in the cheek making him lose balance, you complained at the pain in your hand after punching his cheekbone. "what the fuck is wrong with you!?" He yelled at you composing himself, you were about to throw yourself back at him to punch him but George stood in the way and pushed you lightly to get out of there.

"not your problem anymore, not your problem anymore." He said calmly trying to redirect your thoughts, he tried to get you to think about anything else or just to calm down a little before he was the next punching bag.

After that, you didn't seem to find it gut wrenching that you ended a relationship with Johnny mainly because he was an asshole by the end of the relationship so you just kept the thought of 'it was going downhill anyways', George was also a good support, the next three months after your break up he was truly the best friend you could ask for even if you didn't feel badly he still made sure you were feeling okay especially since he spent a lot of time in the Mercedes merch stand. And so he began slightly hinting that he wanted to try something with you, since it had been a short-long time of George asking how you were and you were just "amazing without baggage", so he took it as a chance to hint that he liked you for quite a while before even knowing that you were in a relationship, because what you didn't know, is that George had noticed you before, it was obvious the two of you didn't start speaking right away in the beginning of your jobs it was a little over half of the season once he began fully speaking to you and spending more time in the stand and before that he tried, he really tried, to engage in some sort of conversation with you and because you knew who he was, it wasn't exactly easy for you to talk to him right away because... well he is a formula one driver, so it was a little intimidating to speak with him at first, and up until the next five or six times you talked it seemed a lot less intimidating, especially since there was a specific bond that kept you two together.