Accidentally Messy - Carlos Sainz

driver: Carlos Sainz

pronouns: She/her

prompt: "main" has a little accident in the house

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

You were walking around the living room getting the paint cans ready, you were painting the walls and you were an absolute mess your clothes were full of different color paint and so were your legs, Carlos should arrive anytime this week and you hadn't been paying attention to the time or the days since maybe two days ago you didn't really know because it felt like weeks the time you had been trying to paint just one wall and it led to this god awful mess you had made in the living room which made you incredibly anxious when waking up in the couch and seeing the mess there was still laying around but your mind was a mess as well so you weren't in a good mental state to even get everything organized or clean because even if you tried it just looked worse and worse even though you tried so hard, you stood still in front of the empty wall, you had taken out everything that was an obstacle such as picture frames, a table and a plant to not trip over them and end up harmed.

"hola mi amor!" Carlos had greeted from the doorway, your body went completely stiff and looked around for a place to hide even though it was very much obvious this 'garbage' that was around was very much your fault. "mi vida?" He asked and then he made a very loud gasp, you grabbed the ends of your shirt anxious for his reaction, he looked around the room. "what happened here?" He asked shocked.

"what are you doing home?" You asked nervous. "didn't you were meant to arrive... on wednesday?" You asked, he nodded, his eyes were still analyzing the entire scene in front of him, not even a small reaction more than his furrowed eyebrows and his mouth halfway open.

"it is wednesday, my love." He said putting his hands in his hips and looking up at you, you raised your eyebrows completely shocked by what he had said, you ran to grab your phone and checked the date and saw how it was really, Wednesday morning, you sighed and covered your face embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry Carlos! I'm... oh dios lo siento." You apologized and walked to him.

"what happened here?" He asked again, you winced.

"I don't want to tell you... I thought I could have it all done by the time you got home but apparently not." You looked around the room with him. "I'm so sorry... this is the worst way I've ever greeted you in the house." You apologized again.

"why don't you want to tell me?" He asked, he wasn't mad but he was very upset about the whole situation.

"Carlos..." You begged.

"no, you have to tell me, I'm basically the owner of the house and I deserve an explanation!" He said, you closed your eyes and made a face, he called your name.

"I just don't want you to be mad." You said.

"I'll be mad if you don't explain to me at least with a few words, mi amor." He spoke, he was definitely right.

"I'm accidentally messy." You said, he frowned and shifted his body to a more interrogating pose.

"what is that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"I was trying to figure out what to do after you told me you were going to be home in a few days... a few days ago and I decided to try some new cooking, and by accident I dropped a glass of cooking wine that splattered all in the wall and you can even see the huge stain it left because... I didn't notice I dropped it after I stepped in the puddle of wine which was like an hour after." You started to raise your shoulders out of pure fear of his reaction, he obviously wasn't aggressive.