Your Mic Is On - Lando Norris

driver: Lando Norris
pronouns: Not Mentioned
prompt: driver is playing videogames with his mic on

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

You had a routine, in which, after coming back home from work you would take off a load off from the day in some sort of video game, the type of game truly depended on your mood on the day sometimes you just played Animal Crossing to get something more calm in your system, today you wanted something a little more on the edge and chaotic so you decided to play some Fortnite, it had been a while since you played and it seemed the perfect one to play to get what you needed so you set up your PC on your living room and placed your headset on to then sit down in the couch right in front of your desk to set up the game which didn't take long to load. You didn't have a squad or anything like that, you prefered going solo or if you wanted to play in squad it was better to just join someone's lobby, the same with playing on duo, which was your preferred choice for the day, so you chose the duo section after checking out a few things in your lobby and your character of choice.

You joined a game and someone was assigned to you, you rested your back into the couch and waited for the game to begin, you felt stressed, your day hadn't been so great and the fact of the wait kind of annoyed you even more so you rested your head in the rest of the couch waiting for the start without moving your character like the others did until a gunshot in game scared you, you looked at the screen and the person who seemed to be assigned to you was crouching and standing, you repeated their movements and they left leaving you again to get some rest for a little bit. As soon as the game started you waited to jump from the bus and your teammate had opened their mic but it seemed to be an accident, it was very common for people to do so, so you just brushed it off and turned down a little the noise in case they raged.

"I'm just gonna follow..." Your teammate spoke, it was more like a mumble, something that had just escaped their mind, you noticed that what they meant by follow meant they were going to follow you around but cautiously, you started looting and trying to find things that were helpful and game them some. "oh how sweet." They mumbled again when you have them one of the weapons, the people were soon falling quicker and you just stood on lookout while you made sure to get something to eat as well. "FUCK." Your teammate shouted as they fell, he started to pound the table with his hands or what seemed to be a table. "WHY." They kept shouting, but this time a lot further away, you crouched down beside their character and tried to help them get back up.

"buddy, your mic is on." You laughed.

"thank you!" They falsely cried into the mic, you laughed, they kept their mic on and you just shrugged laughing. "you're a good stranger." They spoke.

"thanks." You answered.

"oh shit I'm still with my mic open aren't I?" They asked.

"yup." You chuckled, they moved around and sighed.

"yeah, I don't know how to turn it off honestly." They confessed, you chuckled.

"it's fine, do you want me to make you company?" You asked, they laughed and agreed, so you kept your mic open, turned out that the both of you were a pretty good duo, you reached up to 5th before being killed, you groaned, you tried to find their username in the game but couldn't find it or remember it fully until a friend request came through so you accepted and invited to check if it was the previous person.

"it's you right?" Their voice came through, you turned on your mic, it was the same character and the same voice so you decided to trust slightly on this stranger.

"I guess so...?" You spoke.

"it is you!" They assured.

The two of you played two more games where you could gain some confidence in the other, it was fun, he was a pretty fun person, it took one more game to get into first name basis after one of his roommates had "doxxed" his name to you.