Coffee with... No, tea! (PT.2) - Lando Norris

driver: Lando Norris

pronouns: Not Mentioned

prompt: Coffee Shop Part 2

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

It had been five months since the first date you and Lando had, there were more dates in between those months even though it was tough to be together from time to time as Lando had to travel a lot because of his job clearly and you had a stable situation so it wasn't in your plans to move away from that especially since you didn't really know where the thing you had with Lando was going with certainty to take that big of a leap without even knowing what exactly was going to happen. The contact between you and Lando based on your phones mainly to say the least, he texted when he had the chance and you answered when you had the chance and it was a really good balance, the both of you were pretty okay with what was established from that and it wasn't doing any harm to the both of you since you both knew what the other wanted and kept that promise very close to your hearts and of course to each other.

Lando felt sorry, because he decided to start something with someone who was barely adjusting to the life on a camera as Lando had adjusted through his life and also was constantly away to that especial someone in a important phase of the relationship, he did want to take the step forward, and so did you, but the fear to do move forward and fail in the process was terrifying, Lando had back to back flights in three weeks so the chance to have those first three to four days free after the races it was tough to visit you and decide to go to a date together and for him to be back the day after, it seemed really tough for him, you didn't pressure him into doing those kinds of stuff, you wanted him to be happy with his job as he does and also grew to like watching him race in your TV sitting in the couch and cheering for him and then when the race was over text him to congratulate him for his performance.

But Lando wanted more, and by more I mean he wanted you close, he wanted to see you and be with you for a couple of days with no interruptions and no worries to back it up with.

hey, can we talk?

He had texted you, from whatever timezones he was in but it seemed to be sent around 4 am for you, there was some days where there was a slight mix up in his whereabouts but when the day kept going you found out where he actually was when he sends you messages, you typed in a "sure" and left your phone to wait for his response which didn't take long as he was calling you already a couple seconds later, so you grabbed your phone and answered the call.

"what's wrong, Lando?" You asked.

"is there any chance you can come...?" He asked, you propped yourself up in your bed.

"what? what do you mean come?" You asked confused, he moved around on what seemed to be his bed.

"come here, and be with me, for a couple days... a week tops." He asked, he was pleading in his mind for you to accept the request.

"oh Lando, I don't think I can... I can't afford tickets, plane tickets or for the race, not even for a hotel, I'm sorry I wish I could..." You spoke.

"I'll pay everything, even come to get you." He proposed.

"Lando, are you sure? I have work to take care of too." You said, Lando moved around again.

"It's okay if you don't want to come, you can tell me." He said.

"no Lando it's not that, it's definitely not that I promise, it's just that are you sure? It's so much things to pay for and I don't want you to go out of your way to get me or anything like that." You mentioned.