Umbrella - Logan Sargeant

driver: Logan Sargeant

pronouns: She/Her

prompt: "main" gets stood up in the rain

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

You had been waiting all week for this date, you had met this person in a local supermarket and he was nice enough to invite you out in the weekend, this happened on tuesday, it was something exciting to look forward to, he invited you to a nearby pizza place that was pretty nice to say the least, the shop was incredibly beautiful and you were waiting for the right moment to go eat there but didn't find a reason to until now that it seemed like fate had knocked on your doorstep to tell you to go, he had given you his number so he could communicate with you before the date which seemed a lot better because you were anxious on schedules, so the fact that he would be letting you know made everything better to keep track on when you were supposed to leave and when you should be there in time to not embarrass yourself or him. You were getting ready, the day seemed to be good enough to wear something casually nice, it was also a little windy so you grabbed a matching jacket to keep yourself warm and waited around for his text letting you know if he was leaving his house yet or not, you checked the weather in the meantime just to make sure you wouldn't need anything else later in the day but it seemed like it wasn't gonna change anytime soon.

Hey! I'm on my way, did you there already? I'm nearby. Your date had texted you, it was time for you to leave home, you replied to him that you were also on your way while you walked out of your house, from afar there seemed to be a lot of grey clouds but it didn't worry you too much, you made your way to the place where you were going to meet, the day was really lovely on your perspective, it was in a good temperature not too hot and not too cold maybe because it was Miami after all, it wasn't a long way to the place so you just decided to walk and take some time for yourself and enjoy the time alone for a little, it wasn't like you didn't spend time alone it was just some few moments where you truly enjoyed existing and right now was a good moment to do that.

Once you got to the place you texted the guy. I'm already here, lmk when you're close by!. The text had sent through so you waited in a bench close to the place in the park in front of it, and the wind was slowly starting to pick up a little more but not enough to bother you, you took some pictures around you to post in your social media.

"Oh! I'm sorry..." A guy walked by your picture accidentally.

"no worries!" You smiled at him, he was quite attractive.

"do you want me to take pictures of you in exchange of photobombing you?" He asked politely. "you look really nice! I bet you already have pictures of yourself though." He complimented you.

"oh no! thank you though..." You thanked him, blushing a little.

"no problem, have a nice day." He smiled, you smiled back at him, you followed him with your eyes as he left.

i'm a little late, do you have a problem with waiting for a few minutes, I promise it won't take long! Your date texted you, you replied kindly and waited around as he asked, it wasn't bothering you to wait for him, you thought it would be embarrassing to wait around for him to appear but it wasn't, you got the time to enjoy the time in the park and enjoy the cold of the air hitting your face and brushing your hair with every little blow the wind gave, you closed your eyes to enjoy more your surroundings taking a deep breath when the wind blew in your face and relaxed your body into the bench placing your feet on the ground close to each other until you felt a drop in your face, you wiped it and looked up and noticed it was a raindrop.