Chapter 3: The Medical Sector

It had been 24 hours now since the brutal attack on our unit from the cyborg soldier at the Building Sector. We were staying at the Cypron City Medical Hospital getting out injuries treated.
The relief unit that was sent over after us had been working with the investigators unit into what happened and why the cyborg soldier had defected.
"Ava, I'm sorry to ask this right now, but has this kind of thing ever happened before?" I questioned.
" No, never in my four years working military has this kind of thing happened," said Ava, sniffling.
" I can't believe we were they only ones that survived. Did they confirm how many are dead yet? " I asked Ava.
" 114 including all construction worker personal, debt slaves as well as our whole unit besides yourself and I," said Ava, wiping tears from her cheek.
"Fuck" I said.
"Yeah, it's fucked," said Ava.
Just then, the news program had come on the hospital TV's.
"Hello, people of Cypron. This is Sarah Newell reporting on an update about the shocking building sector murder crisis. We have just heard word of two very dangerous fugitives that are responsible for lives of all 114 people involved, if these fugitives are spotted please avoid approaching them and report them to appropriate authorities, I repeat do not engage these dangerous fugitives", said the news reporter.

"What the fuc-" I said before the doctor and nurse fled our room and pressed the security lock down button on our room, we were now trapped in our room surrounded by metal barricades and people looking at us in disgust.
"Ava, what is going on? we didn't do this," I said, confused.
" I don't know, but we need to find a way out right now," yelled Ava.

They are in that room said the doctor at the reception desk, as a unit of military guards accompanied by 2 cyborg soldiers came rushing around the corner.
" Open the doors on my orders, OPEN FIRE," shouted the military soldier!
"Shit, duck," said Ava.
Bullets went flying all throughout the room. This is insane they are actually trying to kill us. What did we do to deserve this.
"Ava, here it's our weapons," I shouted as I slid her weapon across the ground to her.
"Good thinking private," said Ava.
We started returning fire, and all hell broke loose. The doctors started evacuating all staff personnel and patients from the hospital whilst we dodged bullets and started looking for a way out of this situation.
"Private we are leaving," shouted Ava.
" And how do you suppose we are getting out of here?" I shouted.
" Follow me," said Ava.
She turned around and fired at the window behind us.
"NOW," Ava yelled.
" You have got to be kidding me, shit," I yelled.
We both ducked rolled past the gunfire and jumped through the window.

We fell several floors below before grabbing onto some piping on the edge of the building.
"Shit, that was close," I said.
" we need to keep moving," Ava yelled.

We ran on foot through the streets, staying in the shadows only going through the alleys. What the heck is going on, and what are my parents going to think of me if they have already watched the news.
"So what now Ava," I asked.
" I don't know, but we aren't safe out on the streets," Ava said.
Cyber helicopters started flying from the north towards the hospital armed with cyborg soldiers and military personnel, as well as tanks and military four-wheel drives.
" shit this isn't good," I said.
"Stay here, private. I'll be right back," Ava ordered.
Ava had stuck off and was gone for a couple of minutes upon returning with another weapon and a stolen military ID card.
" I figured we would need this to get around until we can figure out a better plan," Ava said.
"Nice thinking," I said.

"We need to get some food and supplies if we are on the run. Do you understand private," said Ava.
"Yes, mam," I said.
"Good, we are heading east to the food storage sector of the city. On foot," I said.