Chapter 8: Revenge

I don't know how we managed to survive what just happened to us, but I am thankful that Ava is a brutal person, or else I wouldn't still be here.
We walked down the corridor that we had come down with the plumber before losing him, and before we could turn the corner, Ava stopped me.
"Shhh! You hear that footsteps marching toward our direction, keep your head down and follow me," Ava said.
We sneak past the corridor to our right, and we get a glimpse of a dozen cyborg soldiers that begin opening fire on us!
Ava and I begin to sprint as fast as we possibly can down the corridor, looking for a way out of this situation.
"Ava! It's a dead end, fuck!" I shout.
"We are going to have to fight our way out private," Ava said.
Ava raises her rifle and begins to open fire on the cyber soldiers who are marching down the corridor towards us, shooting blue laser like bullets.
"Ava, what are these bullets?" I ask.
"Stun bullets, looks like they want us alive. This isn't good private. We are as good as dead to whoever is after us," Ava said.
"Shit! I'm out of bullets," Ava said, as she collapsed to the floor after being hit point blank by the stun bullets being fired from the cyborg soldiers.
After that, everything pretty much blurred out as my head hit the floor shortly after.

Finally, I was awake, unaware of how much time has passed shackled to an old steel wall upon realising where I am. This is the military barracks... which means that we were right. Someone from home is corrupt and has orchestrated this whole operation. Now I just need to find out who.
At that moment, my cell doors swing open, and who should come through it.
"I'm impressed at how much chaos you have caused trying to evade me, young Daniel," said Eli Mogoloth.
"I knew it had to be someone like you behind the lies and corruption," I said.
"You can't prove anything, not now, not ever. Your parents are not only worried about you, but they are both extremely disappointed in what you have become," said Eli Mogoloth with a sinister look on his face.
"Only because they believe the bullshit that comes out of your mouth or the media," I say.
"Haha, anyway, your trial awaits you where you will be found guilty for the crimes of violence, murder and espionage. You will then be put on the death sentence, which will be a fitting end for you, and you know what? I'll personally make sure your parents have front row seats to it," Eli Mogoloth said with a sinister laugh.
I suddenly realise that I am doomed, that nobody will believe me, but wait, Ava knows the truth.
"Where is Ava?" I ask.
"Being held for interrogation to assist us with more evidence in your case," said Eli Mogoloth.
Shit! What am I supposed to do now!
Eli went to leave my cell, and as he opened the door, I heard other military soldiers asking him if Ava was being held here.
"Yes, she is being held here, but she is a suspect. You must not go near her until she is proven innocent or guilty, am I clear?" Eli Mogoloth said as he shut my cell door.
So what now, my life is over if this monster gets me on trial. I don't get it. Why would he benefit from any of this?
It just doesn't make sense.

It feels like hours have passed by now, and nothing has happened until suddenly the security alarms start blaring. What is going on!
I can hear gunfire going on outside my cell, followed by loud footsteps.
My cell door bangs open, and there is Ava armed with a rifle and about fifty or sixty armed foot soldiers behind her.
"Cmon private! What you didn't think I was coming back for you?" Ava said.
I was so happy to see her right now.
"Ava, you're alright! What's going on right now? How did you get free?" I asked.
"It's a long story, I'll tell you later," Ava said.
"Can we trust these guys?" I ask Ava.
"Sure can these guys are my military units I've trained over the last four years they came to see me curious about my allegations and I told them our story and they said they wanted to help us get back at Eli," Ava said.
"Alright! So what's the plan?" I ask.
"We find Eli and make him spit out the truth, let's go!" Ava shouted.