Chapter 15: Meeting the friend

The next morning we all got up packed up our belongings and got ready to set out looking for Ava's friend. Upon reaching the door Josie steps out the room and as I am about to follow, Ava's hand stops me then she stares at me and mumbles "You remember what I said last night?" 

"Yeah," I say.

"Good! Then let's go!" Ava said. 

We all walked down the stairs before setting off down the street which was super bright with the sun shining, and full of people everywhere. It was very busy during the day, all the hustle and bustle. Ava lead the way as Josie and I followed, "Hey Josie, How was your sleep last night?" I ask her. 

"Not too bad for a shabby old hotel, how about yours?" Josie said. 

"Yeah not too bad either," I lied, I barely slept because I followed Ava to the gambling building who now will kill me if I expose her secret. 

"Thats good then!" Josie said with a smile. 

As we were approaching the Main Street up ahead we spotted holograms with the words wanted in capitals and a picture attached to it with our three faces on it. There was also Cyber soldiers patrolling down the street too. This isn't good at all, but before I can let Ava and Josie know about the wanted signs, they had already seen it too. 

"Quick, go over to that shop stall over there and buy those scarves and sunglasses. We can put them on to keep attention away long enough to find Ava's friend, "Josie said. 

We each rush over and purchase a scarf, and a pair of sunglasses each, then quickly put them on before continuing up the street. That was close! I hope this works or else we are dead. Shortly after walking up the street for five minutes we come across a very big fancy looking polished white marble stone building, which was the courthouse building. 

"This is it," Ava whispers, before signalling for us to all go down the alley off to the side of the big courthouse building. "You two stay here, I will sneak in the back door and go find my friend. Keep your heads down and just lay low until I come back. If I'm not back in ten minutes go on without me," Ava said, before turning away and leaving behind the side door into the courthouse building. 

As Josie and I were hanging out in the side alley hidden behind a dumpster bin, I overhead a familiar voice.

"We need to find him, you have to understand this is my son you're talking about, He can't of been responsible for that building sector incident. Please you have to help him!" Michael McGregor said. 

"No, I am sorry I can't my orders are to detain him or kill him if he chooses to resist being detained," Gareth Underwood said. 

"But sir you make the rules! surely you can help-" Michael McGregor said before being cut off.

"NO! I am not bending the rules for anyone, especially not your son! Now go join Eli in looking for Ava, Josie and your son so we can stop them before they cause any more chaos in my city, understood?" Gareth Underwood said. 

"Yes," Michael McGregor said sadly. 

I need to let him know I am safe and that I am well, but what am I thinking. Can I even trust my father anymore or has he fallen for the corruption and lies of Eli as well. Even worst it sounds like Eli has our government leader fooled too. I just can't believe it, what are we to do now? 

"Did you hear all that Josie?" I asked. 

"Yeah I did, and it's not good!" Josie said looking worried. "Ava is going to freak when she finds out!"

"We will tell her but maybe not yet, see what her friend knows first. That way it will confirm what we heard is the truth," I said.

"Ok, but you have to tell her eventually!" Josie said sternly. 

After a few more minutes, Ava had come back to the side door with a tall lady with black hair, wearing a black coat jacket and a black skirt with high heels and her hair done up. 

"Guys this is my friend Katrina," Ava said calmly. 

"Hey guys! we need to talk right now, I don't have long before anyone notices I am missing so here it is. "Eli has been following orders from the government leader Gareth himself privately as well as on the side. Eli also receives different orders publicly to allow as a cover to make him look good to the public so he is not under suspicion whilst carrying out Gareth's dirty deeds," Katrina said. 

"So, Eli and Gareth are working together! and what exactly are they up to do you know? What is their end game?" Josie and I ask. 

"Control, Power and corruption! and you guys are a threat to them because you are the only ones who know about how deep it goes! They will stop at nothing to stop you guys from exposing them, they will never stop hunting you all down. I am so sorry!" Katrina said, before having to run back inside.