Chapter 18: The transport sector

"THE TRAIN STATION APPEARS TO BE CLEAR OF DANGER! YOU MAY PROCEED, ONCE WE HAVE SEEN SOME IDENTIFICATION" The cyber soldier shouted at Michael.

"What! I wasn't aware of this new procedure, Just make it quick I need to get on my train," Michael said annoyed. The cyber soldier had taken his ID card that he handed them scanned it then gave it back to Michael. 

"ALL CLEAR SIR, JUST A NEW PROCEDURE! LOOKING FOR THE FUGITIVES HAS NOW GIVEN US THE AUTHORITY TO CHECK IDENTIFICATION!" Shouted the cyber soldier. 

"Of course, alright see ya," Michael said as he passed the cyber solider quickly hurrying over to the train platform before hopping on one of the front carriages. 

"He hopped onto one of the front carriages," I say to Ava and Josie behind me. 

"Good let's stay hidden until the train stops", Ava said.

"Good idea," Josie said. 

A few minutes later the train had started to pull away from the station and was heading full speed towards the transport sector. I didn't realise how fast these trains can get to, if I had to guess we were probably travelling three hundred and forty kilometres per hour by the time the train had reached max speed. We heard a speaker somewhere in the train that said in a computer like voice 'next stop transport sector train yard'. 

That was the quickest train ride I have ever been on! I can't believe how fast these things get you around the city. The subways are only limited to one hundred and twenty kilometres at max speed. Finally the train comes to a complete stop and I press my face up against the small vent in the side of our carriage to see when my dad was hopping off the train. We waited a few minutes then my dad came out of the front carriage escorted by two cyber soldiers by his side. 

"Alright we have to move, my dad is heading to the tunnels up ahead on the left leading away from the platform facing north," I said. 

"Alright follow me and stay close," Ava said. 

I followed Josie and Ava to the hatch above our carriage leading us back on top of the train carriage. we kept ourselves in a low position before jumping off the roof of the train onto the platform once dad had gone around the corner. 

"Quick! He is headed down the corridor up ahead facing north from the train platform," Ava said. 

We quickly started sprinting to the end of the platform to have a look at where my dad was heading, we turn to face the corridor and can see my dad with the two cyber soldiers by his side taking a right at the end of the corridor. We start to sprint down the long corridor to try and catch up to my dad. Finally we take a right at the end of the corridor and see a huge vault door to a big hangar size industrial room up ahead opening, to reveal a man amongst several more cyber soldiers. 

"Ah welcome back Michael! I have been expecting you," The man said greeting my dad at the vault door. 

"Victor, Sorry I couldn't get here sooner, bigger matters happening in the city at the moment," my dad said. 

"No worries at all come on in, I'll get us some refreshments, take a seat," Victor said. 

The vault door began to close with the two cyber soldiers that were with my dad now standing guard at the vault door. 

"Shit we can't get to him now, is there any other way of getting a visual of my dad whilst he is in that room?" I ask Ava and Josie. 

"Quick let's try the ventilation system see if we can find a way to get closer," Josie said. 

"I wasn't aware your dad knew Victor so well," Ava said. 

"You know who that man is?" I ask curiously. 

"Of course, that man is Victor Warrick. The CEO of the electrical sector, I don't know why he is at the transport sector but he does go to a lot of different places for work related reasons," Ava said. 

"Is he dangerous?" I ask. 

"Depends on your relationship with him I'd day," Ava said. 

"I hope my dad knows what he is doing," I said. 

"For your sake, I do too," Ava said.