Chapter 16: Total Corruption

After hearing the truth from my dad's, Eli's, and Katrina's mouths, we were all very confused on how to act next. We had to do something to stop the corruption because it was the right thing to do, but at the same time, it was also very dangerous as well as risky to even think of pulling it off.
"So what do we do now," I asked.

"We need to find a way at getting to Eli" Ava said.                                                                                             

"No! Not yet, at least. I need to find out what is going on with my dad?" I shout out, and now I have Josie and Ava both staring at me.                                                                                                                

"Look Daniel, just because you have daddy issues doesn't mean your father becomes our number one priority. There is a mad man who is planning on wiping us out Daniel, he has already taken out everyone I know, the people I trained with, the people I cared about. Correct me if I'm wrong but taking him down sounds like a higher priority than having a nice little chat with your daddy !" Ava said.   

"Umm guys maybe this isn't the best time to talk about this" Josie cuts in.

"My dad is my priority Ava, he's my family, there is no way I'm going to believe that he is working with Eli, he's a good guy, I need to know the truth, please Ava" I plead with her.

"There is nothing  your father could offer us right now, okay, we will deal with him later" Ava says, sighing, done with this conversation.

"What if he can lead us to Eli, think about it, he obviously trusts Eli, he'll eventually see him again" I state.

"We'll think about it, right now we need to find somewhere to rest, we have a big day ahead of us" Ava state, smiling softly at me.

We begin to make our way to the old run down hotel we had stayed at previously only to find Eli amongst a dozen cyber soldiers questioning the reception lady and showing a hologram photo of Ava, Josie and myself. Ava looks at Eli with rage and tries to charge at him from around the corner, but Josie and I grab her by her arms. 

"Ava! it's not worth it, this area has been compromised we have to find somewhere else that is safe, we have to go now!" I say to Ava. Just as we pulled Ava back around the corner we saw the cyber soldiers start marching our direction and we quickly ran down the street and slipped down an alley, catching our breaths.

"Anywhere else we can stay for a night?" I ask.

"I know somewhere, quick follow my lead and keep up," Josie said. 

Ava and I begin to follow Josie as she starts climbing the piping on the side of the building in the alleyway upwards. Shortly we are about seven stories up with only five more to go until we were at the top and Ava and I could see that Josie's idea was to get us to the top where the roof is to either look for a vantage point or a place to hide. We eventually reach the roof top  before looking around to see where we could stay Josie runs over to an electrical parts storage box that is locked with an electronic lock system. 

"This place could easily hide us for a night ", Josie says to us. before hacking the lock system and opening it up ushering for us to hop inside.

"Nice work", Ava said. 

This is the second time that Josie has saved our lives, not to mention she is kinda cute and I wonder if she think I am cute also. Ava then snaps her fingers in my face snapping me back to reality.

"You good Daniel?" Ava asks staring at me with concern. 

"Yeah, just tired maybe we should call it a night," I say scrambling as far away as Ava as possible. 

That night  Ava and I had snuck out with a plan to for Ava to win a gamble in exchange for a debt slave, that we could use to track my dad for us and report back to avoid suspicion to us whilst Eli and his cyborgs are patrolling the government sector's streets. 

I waited at the bar, ordering my first beer with a stolen ID that Josie had hacked into to allow us to avoid suspicion, whilst Ava was out gambling at the card tables to try and seek out a debt slave for our mission. It wasn't a bad idea to be truthful, but I'm praying that Ava wins her little gamble so we can set our plan in motion. 

An hour later Ava comes out the cards room with a middle aged man, and a huge smirk on her face. We can now set our plan in motion, and finally find out what my father is up and how much trouble he is in.