⟡ 21) Confession ⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

~the next day~

Y/n POV:
Yosano, Ranpo, and I are on our way to get party supplies for Kyouka's welcome party. Osamu informed me about what had happened with the whole Moby Dick incident. Atsushi had defeated Fitzgerald, the Guild leader, alongside Akutagawa, a Port Mafia member.

After Atsushi had stopped the Moby Dick from descending, an outsider hacked into its system and forced it into descension. In order to prevent the Moby Dick from crashing into Yokohama, Kyouka piloted the drone that she had been entrapped in, driving it into the Moby Dick. At the split second the drone made impact, Kyouka had passed the Agency's entrance exam, giving her complete control of her ability, which was how she was able to escape and survive.

So now, we're throwing her a congratulations party for officially joining the Agency.

"Do we have everything?" I ask Yosano, taking this moment to look over everything that we got before heading to check-out.

"Yes. This is everything," she responds, heading over to the check-out area.

"Do you know where Ranpo ran off to?" I ask her.

"The candy aisle probably," she says.

"I'll go get him then, since we're about to leave," I say.

"Oh~? You want some alone time with Ranpo~?" Yosano teases.

"N-No! That's not it! I just want to make sure he gets back in time," I say, my cheeks beginning to burn a bright red.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say," she says with a smirk.

"I-I'm going now!" I say before heading over to the sweets aisle.

Peeking my head into the aisle, I spot a wild Ranpo snagging practically every candy on the shelves.

"Ranpo, we're getting ready to head out," I say to him.

"I'm still deciding between these two," Ranpo says, pointing to two candies.

"Why not just get both? Don't you usually do that anyways?" I ask.

"...it's not for me," he whispers.

"Huh? What'd you say?" I ask, hoping for him to repeat himself.

"It's not for me," he says again, this time being audible.

"Oh? Who's it for?" I ask.

He goes silent, staring straight ahead at the shelf. I tilt my head a bit, wondering why we won't answer my question. I turn my gaze over to the candies that he was having a hard time picking.

"Are you struggling with figuring out which one they would prefer?" I ask him.

"Yeah..." he says.

'I wonder why he can't just use his Super Deduction to figure it out. Maybe he doesn't want to. Maybe he wants to figure it out without his deduction skills.'

"Do you have a slight idea of what kind of candy they like?" I ask.

"Kind of," he says.

'We really need to get going. Is there any way I can help him pick without knowing who he's giving it to?'

"I think you should go with your heart. Your heart will lead you to the right answer," I say to him, causing him to face me for the first time since I arrived.

He doesn't say anything, only reaching his hand out to pick one of the options.

'Hm. That's the one I would've picked.'