⟡ 11) Abductions and Disappearances ⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
This morning, I had arrived at the Agency alone, since Osamu refused to get up and assured me that he would get here later.

He did not show up later.

"Dazai has disappeared?" Kunikida asks.

"He hasn't been answering his phone, neither from me nor Atsushi-kun, and he hasn't returned home either," I explained to him.

"He's probably just floating in some river again," Kunikida says.

"Or he could be in prison this time," Kenji suggests.

"My guess is he left to flirt with a woman," Ranpo guesses.

"But it's true that he's targeted by the Port Mafia. It could be that..." Atsushi says.

"That man's ability to sense danger and stay alive approaches nightmarish proficiency. Just think about how he's as healthy as can be despite numerous suicide attempts. I doubt the Mafia alone will be enough to get the better of him," Kunikida says.

'I'm still worried though.'

"I'll investigate it," a voice says from behind me.

"Are you all better now, Tanizaki-san?" Atsushi asks.

"Yes, thankfully," Tanizaki replies.

"I was really worried when it all happened. I'm relieved you're fine," Atsushi says.

"I'm sorry I worried you," Tanizaki says.

"So, you've finally recovered," Kunikida says.

"It's all thanks to Dr. Yosano's treatment," Tanizaki explains, scratching the back of his head.

"So, how many times did she get you?" Kunikida asks, Tanizaki's expression immediately dropping.

"F-F-Four times," Tanizaki says, a scared expression on his face.

"That many..." I hear Kenji say.

"Atsushi-kun, Y/n-san... As long as you remain at the Agency, remember to never get injured," Tanizaki warns.

'What's that supposed to mean... What did she do to him?!'

"Ok..." we both say skeptically.

"If you think you're at any risk, run. You should cultivate your ability to sense danger every day. For example, ten seconds from now..." Ranpo says before grabbing my hand and walking out of the office.

"Umm... Ranpo-san..." I say, confused by why he just grabbed me out of nowhere.

"Just 'Ranpo' is fine. You're coming with me to get snacks. And I needed to save you before Yosano asked you to go shopping with her," Ranpo explained.

"I see. Was Dr. Yosano the 'danger' you were referring to earlier?" I asked.

"Correct," Ranpo says.

"Okay. By the way, where exactly are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to one of my favorite snack shops! It's one of the few places I know how to get to, since it's pretty close to the Agency and I pass it on the way there," Ranpo says, an excited smile present on his face. I simply hum in response.

We eventually arrived, a bunch of sweets lined up in the window display, Ranpo looking like he had reached heaven.

"After you," Ranpo says, holding the door open for me.

I bow my head before entering, the sweet aroma hitting me like a fresh breeze as I take a look around the store.

'Haru would love this place. He would always ask if we could get a snack every chance he got.'