⟡ 22) A Blossoming Love⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
"Ranpo... I love you," I say, finding the courage to look him in the eyes.

His eyes widened as his jaw dropped ever so slightly, his mouth being just barely open. I tried to read his expression but I couldn't. I didn't know what he was thinking or how he felt.

All I know is that he's shocked, but there are several reasons as to why he would be. Several reactions play through my head during the time spent between our 'staring contest.' It didn't last very long because Ranpo lowered his head, facing the floor.

Ranpo POV:
'She... loves me, too?'

My heart is racing faster than ever before, the pounding getting louder and louder by the second. I bring a hand to my chest, trying to figure out how to respond.

'Say something! Why can't I say anything?! Just say something! Anything! Tell her something! Tell her how you feel! Tell her!'

"I—"

Before I can begin my sentence, I hear sniffling coming from Y/n. Raising my head, I notice that she's crying, her head lowered like how mine was.

"Y/n..." I say, reaching my hand out to lift up her chin.

Lifting her head until she was facing me, I was reminded of how close we were to each other. Without moving back, I use my free hand to wipe away her tears, later placing both of my hands on either side of her face.

"Y/n... I love you, too," I say, staring up into her beautiful e/c eyes.

Y/n POV:
'He... loves me, too?'

Unconsciously, tears begin to fall once again, but these were different.

The tears from before were from fear.

These were from love.

"Ranpo..." I say, raising a hand to his cheek. "You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say those words to me."

"Actually, I do. I felt the same when you said them to me as well," he says, giving me a soft smile.

Instinctively, the two of us lean in closer, our lips connecting. The kiss started off slow, allowing me to take in every second of this moment; the warmth of his lips, the soft touch of his hands, his gentle rhythm. I had never felt so loved, so desired.

My free hand made its way to his hair, strands slipping between my fingers as I started to grip onto his hair.

This moment was so much better than I could've ever imagined. It was like all my nerves and worries just melted away, the only thing staying being passion and love.

I had never known what love was, nor how it felt. But being here with him, feeling his touch, experiencing his love, I understand now.

I wanted him... longed for him... craved him...

And only him.

As the pace quickened, Ranpo slowly started to walk forward, causing me to walk backwards, until I hit a wall. Ranpo lowered one of his hands from my face to my waist, tracing down my arm before pulling me in close. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck to bring us closer, if that was even possible seeing as how close we already were to each other.

Suddenly, I hear a squeal coming from behind the door to my right, the same door we entered from.

Pulling away from me, Ranpo goes over to the door and opens it, a nosy Yosano and Naomi falling to the ground from having been leaning against the door.