⟡ 9) A Murder Case ⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
After we finished our food, we began walking to the Agency. Osamu's house wasn't that far from the Agency so it wasn't that long of a walk. He was unusually quiet during the walk, his expression telling me that he was deep in thought, a dark shadow falling over his eyes.

When we arrived at the front door, he put on his 'usual' smile again and opened it for me, allowing me to enter first. I walked in, the first person to notice me was Ranpo, despite the fact that he seemed busy eating his snacks. The office was a complete mess. There were books and papers all over the floor, a bunch of tiny holes spread across the walls, the windows were all broken.

"Wow. Dazai-san is actually on time for once. Kunikida-san might faint from shock," I hear Atsushi say, peeking his head out from behind his desk, a bunch of books and papers in his hands.

"Hey! I do show up on time... sometimes..." Dazai says, causing me and Atsushi to sweat drop at his comment.

"Showing up on time sometimes is not good enough! You should be consistently on time everyday!" I hear Kunikida shout while organizing the cabinets.

"Ah, Kunikida-kun! Do you have a second? I'd like to have a little chat with you," Osamu says, casually walking up to the ever annoyed Kunikida.

"What? No! I have to—" Kunikida begins to say but he stops, Dazai whispering something in his ear causing him to tense up and walk out of the office with Osamu, the rest of us confused by the scene that just happened.

"Y/n-san, do you know what that was about?" Atsushi asks me.

"Um... wait a minute..." I say, thinking back to the conversation me and Osamu had during breakfast this morning.

"Oh, no. I think I messed up," I say.

"W-What do you mean?" Atsushi nervously asks me.

"I didn't give it a second thought at the time but earlier this morning, I told Osamu about my first interaction with Kunikida, when he mistook me for him. I mentioned how he grabbed me and pushed me towards a desk, since he thought I was Osamu," I say, realizing that I had started this whole mess, poor Kunikida having to deal with the wrath of an overprotective brother.

"That means that Kunikida-san is in trouble! What do we do?!" Atsushi asks, worried about his fellow coworker.

"Nothing," Ranpo says, me and Atsushi turning our attention towards him.

"Huh?" We both say, confused by his response.

"You really don't want to deal with Dazai when he's angry. So, it's best if we do nothing," Ranpo explained.

"Are you sure?" I ask, feeling guilty about abandoning Kunikida.

"I'm sure. Plus, he won't get physical with him so he should be fine. He might be mentally scarred though," Ranpo explains.

"I can't tell if that's better or not," I say, getting more nervous by the second.

The front door opened, grabbing my attention. I notice Kunikida's body drooping over, almost lifeless. He looked like he got his life drained out of him, his eyes as wide as they possibly can be.

"A-Are you alright, Kunikida-kun?" I ask, partly knowing he wasn't but asking him anyway.

"I sincerely apologize for my actions. I sincerely apologize for my actions. I sincerely apologize for my actions..." Kunikida says, repeating the same line like a broken record, his eyes glued to the floor as he bowed in my direction, making an almost 90 degree angle.