⟡ 23) Cannibalism: Part One ⟡

A/n~
Happy Birthday Atsushi!!! (Also, happy belated birthday to Chuuya!)

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
The next morning, I had woken up before any of the other girls. But what was strange was that Yosano wasn't anywhere to be seen. Looking over to where she was previously sleeping, I found a note.

~
Sorry, something came up at the Agency so I had to leave early.

Yosano
~

Not thinking much of the note, I decided to get ready, quietly making my way over to the bathroom.

After I had finished changing and doing my bathroom routine, I walked back into my bedroom and noticed that Kyouka was awake.

"Good morning, Kyouka," I greeted her.

"Good morning, Y/n-san. I wasn't expecting you to already be up," she says to me.

"Me neither. I was a little shocked by how early I woke up," I say, remembering checking the time and seeing 5:32 on my phone. "Sometimes, I have a hard time going to bed so I end up waking up at random times."

"I see. I was trained to always rise at 5:45, unless I needed to wake up earlier," Kyouka says.

'It pains me to know that kids like her get involved in dangerous matters at such an early age... Like that other little girl.'

"If you're worried about me, you don't have to be," Kyouka says, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I have the Agency now, and I'm happier than I've ever been."

I smile. "That's good to hear. I'm glad. Why don't you go get ready and get the other girls up while I make breakfast."

"Got it," she says as I exit the room.

Heading over to the kitchen, I think about what I want to prepare.

'Hmmm, I could make pancakes. But what if they prefer waffles? Maybe I can make spam and eggs. Or potatoes and eggs. I don't know. I'll just go ask them.'

Struggling to decide, I walk back to my room to ask the girls what they want for breakfast.

"Hey, what do you guys want me to make?" I ask after knocking and opening the door. "Some options are pancakes—"

"I want pancakes," Kyouka says, interrupting me.

"Oh, well, sure," I chuckle a little at her sudden eagerness. "I can do that. Is that alright with the rest of you or do you want me to make you guys something else?"

"I'm fine with pancakes," Naomi says while yawning.

"Same," Haruno says.

"Got it," I say before leaving to make the pancakes.

When everyone was done getting ready, we all sat at the dining table after I placed down all the plates.

"If any of you want more just ask or grab some from the middle," I say, gesturing to the plate of extra pancakes in the center of the table.

"Let's eat!" we all shout at once.

~later (6:48 am)~

Shortly after we started making our way to the Agency office, all of us received a text message. Since I was the one driving, I couldn't look at the message so Naomi read it out loud for all of us.

"The president was attacked!" she shouts.

'The president was... attacked?!'

Arriving at the Agency, I immediately made my way over to the hospital room where the president was currently resting. Upon entering, I noticed that Ranpo was sitting beside him, looking anxious and worried. Yosano, Tanizaki, and Kenji were also in the room standing a few feet away from the bed, Yosano being the closest to him.