⟡ 15) Reunited ⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
"Ranpo! Sorry to make you wait!" I shout while slightly jogging over to him.

"It's fine. What were you doing, anyway?" Ranpo asks me as he turns his head to face me.

"Oh. W-Well, I was just talking to Dr. Yosano about... something," I explain, turning my head towards the side and slightly down.

"Is something wrong? Are you sick?" Ranpo asks me, stepping a little closer to me.

"No, nothing's wrong. I just had a weird feeling that I wanted to talk to her about. I'm fine though, I promise," I say, assuring Ranpo that I was alright.

"If you say so. Let's get going then," Ranpo says.

"Alright," I say, leading him over to my car since I was going to drive us there.

I took this time to temporarily forget about my conversation with Yosano. Well, more like I'm putting it off to the side. Right now, I need to focus on saving my brother.

Ranpo gave me directions from the passenger seat, advising me to park a few blocks away from our destination.

'I'm surprised he's able to give me such clear directions when he can't get anywhere on his own. Unless he's walking.'

After officially joining the Agency, I was advised to always keep hidden weapons in my car since my ability isn't the offensive-type. I constantly kept a taser and a mini dagger on me at all times.

Once I parked, the two of us exited the car, getting ready to head over to the old train station.

"Are you ready?" Ranpo asks me.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I responded.

Ranpo reached over and grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. I look up at him in confusion, to which he responds with, "We need to blend in so we don't seem out of place. Remember, we can't let them know we're here before we even get the chance to rescue your brother. People tend to avoid looking at couples so this will help us remain undetected."

'I mean, I guess that makes sense. But that weird feeling is back.'

Ranpo POV:
'Did I seriously just do that? On purpose? What's wrong with me...? And to make things worse, that chest-tightening feeling is back. Is it because of Y/n?'

Y/n POV:
I had become engrossed by all the little shops and restaurants we saw along the way, gazing into each front window. Apparently, Ranpo had taken notice of my awe.

"Have you never been around here before?" Ranpo asks.

"Not really. I've driven down some of these roads before but I never really got the chance to properly look around," I answer.

"This is a pretty popular date spot. Many couples come to the restaurants around here, as well as the dessert shops," Ranpo explains.

"Really? I didn't know that," I say.

'Is that why he thought that holding hands would allow us to blend in?'

Silence filled the air once more, but it was a comfortable silence. That is, until this little girl came out of nowhere and ran into me.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" I ask the little girl, reaching out my hand to help her up while releasing my other hand from Ranpo's.

"I'm so sorry, Miss. I didn't mean to bump into you. I just really wanted to get ice cream. I'm fine though," the girl says, taking my hand and apologizing to me.