⟡ 19) Double Black ⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
Things have started to calm down a bit after Atsushi had returned from being kidnapped by the Guild. I heard from Osamu that Atsushi saw the Port Mafia helping out with damage control after Fitzgerald used Q's ability to wreak havoc throughout the city. Now, Osamu and I are at the office since I dragged him out of the house to get here.

"Ughhhhh, I don't feel like working," I hear Osamu whine while laying on the couch of the Agency office.

"Stop sounding like a broken trumpet first thing in the morning," Kunikida says to him.

"I don't even feel like holding a conversation right now, Kunikida-kun," Osamu responds.

"The town was saved from annihilation thanks to you and Atsushi. So why have you ended up like this the next day?" Kunikida asks.

"The boss gave him a job that he doesn't want to do," I answered.

"Is it what Atsushi and the boss were discussing yesterday?" Kunikida asks.

"It is," the boss says, seeming to appear out of nowhere.

"Good morning," me and Kunikida say to the president.

'I swear, he's like a ninja.'

"Dazai, are we making progress on our secret meeting with the Port Mafia?" the president asks.

"I've made arrangements, but..." Osamu starts.

"Do you think the Port Mafia boss will be here?" the president asks.

"I'm sure. It's a perfect opportunity to kill our boss, after all," Osamu says.

Kunikida tenses up from shock while looking back and forth between Osamu and the president, stunned by what he was listening to.

'Ohhh. He doesn't know.'

"That is preferable to having bloodshed among our members," the president says while walking away.

"Oi, Dazai... A secret meeting with the Port Mafia?!" Kunikida shouts.

"Atsushi-kun's idea has turned into a huge deal. Even though the Guild is now our biggest threat..." Osamu says.

"Wait a second. I have no idea what's going on. First of all, why are you the one arranging the meeting?" Kunikida asks.

"Because I'm originally from the Port Mafia," Osamu answers.

"What?!" Kunikida shouts.

"Everyone knew about it except for you, Kunikida-kun," Osamu states.

"You knew about this?!" Kunikida asks, turning over to me.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I knew for a while actually," I state nonchalantly.

"What?!" Kunikida shouts once more.

~

"Why can't I go with you?" I ask.

"Because it might get dangerous," Osamu says.

"But—"

"No but's. You're not going. End of discussion."

"Osamu, I'm not some damsel in distress that needs constant protection. Kunikida has been training me during my free time and I've been getting a lot better. So why won't you let me go with you? I want to keep you safe as well."

Osamu sighs before saying, "You don't know the Port Mafia like I do. And I know that you've been getting better at self-defense but it's not enough to combat Mori-sensei and his subordinates. If he manages to get you, I'll be rendered useless. He'll hold your life above my head, knowing I won't do anything to result in your further endangerment."