⟡ 20) Discoveries ⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

~two days later~

Y/n POV:
Me and Atsushi are currently listening in on the conversation between Ranpo and Osamu about how we're going to defeat the Guild, after receiving information from one of the Guild members.

"This is some amazing intel, though. It's worth its weight in gold. How would we make use of this to take down the Guild at its core? Infiltrate with a bomb?" Osamu asks Ranpo.

"No good. Our communications will give us away, and we'll get shot down," Ranpo says.

"Oh, you're right. How about Kenji-kun from the Gifted Special Operations Divisions?" Osamu asks.

"Nope. Leads to a stalemate in a ground battle, and we'll be fighting overtime," Ranpo says

"That's true. Atsushi-kun, then?" Osamu asks.

"It could work with Light Snow," Ranpo says.

"True. I'll get right on it. Do we end in the mountains?" Osamu asks.

"The sea," Ranpo says.

"Roger," Osamu says.

"Sounds like you're up, Atsushi," I say with a smile on my face.

Atsushi just gave me a look that said 'Seriously?' to which I lightly chuckled at.

"Oh! Y/n, you're here too! Can I ask you to do something?" Ranpo asks, catching my attention.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Can you go get me snacks? I'm running out," he requests.

"Uh... sure? Do you want something in particular?" I ask, wondering why he asked me that, since last time he went with me.

"Surprise me! You can go to the same sweets shop that I showed you before!" he exclaims.

"Okay... I'll get going then," I say, making my way over to the exit.

~

As I open the door to the sweets shop, I'm hit with the familiar scent that I smelled the first time.

'This smell is heavenly.'

The cashier greets me to which I slightly nod my head as I head towards the aisle that I knew Ranpo went to last time, after grabbing a basket from the front. Scanning all the sweets, I chose a few that I remembered seeing Ranpo buy, adding in a few of my own recommendations based on what I assumed that he would like. After obtaining all of the sweets that I wanted to buy, I make my way over to the register when a person in a hood brushes past me.

"Oh, sorry—" I say but when I turned around, they were gone.

'That was weird. I'm just gonna get the snacks and get out of here.'

I paid for my stuff and thanked the cashier, exiting the shop with my bag of snacks.

The walk back seemed to take longer than it actually was. That feeling of being watched kept returning to me every now and then, which made me stop and look around whenever the feeling arose.

Every time I would stop. And every time I would find nothing.

It was almost like the moment I sensed something, it would disappear; vanishing without a trace.

'It's okay. You're okay. Just keep walking. Just get back to the Agency. You'll be safe there. You'll be—'

Out of the corners of my eyes, I notice two hands reaching out from behind me, dragging me into a nearby alleyway. One of the hands went to cover my mouth while the other wrapped around my arms, limiting my upper body's movements. I dropped the bag and tried to pry my way out of the person's grip, but I couldn't. Using the heel of my shoe, I stepped on one of the person's feet which resulted in their grip loosening, giving me the chance to break free.