⟡ 12) Unknown Feelings ⟡

~⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡☆⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡~

Y/n POV:
After several attempts of me slamming my fists and feet against the door, I knew it was pointless to continue to try to break free by force. My phone also wasn't working; something or someone was jamming the signal. I went over to where Atsushi was and sat beside him, placing his head on my lap so he could rest a little more comfortably.

~

Ranpo POV:
"Atsushi-kun has been abducted," Tanizaki says while I stare out the window behind my desk.

"The brat? Now, of all times. The Agency's in a total uproar due to a recent ministry staff escort job. We don't have enough hands on deck to look for him. Do we know where he is?" Kunikida asks.

"Oh, yes. Based on eyewitness statements, he was assaulted on the street in broad daylight and shoved into a truck, along with someone else. Their destination remains unknown," Tanizaki states.

"That's not good. They have many dedicated smuggling routes. Transporting an individual stealthily would be child's play for them," Kunikida says.

"We must help him somehow, or they'll..." Tanizaki begins.

"Help him? Why? He was abducted because he's a weretiger and they want the reward, right? So, it's not personal. We're not his foster home. He didn't join us looking for protection either," I state, turning around in my chair to face everyone.

"But Atsushi-kun is one of ours. And there's another person in need of saving," Tanizaki explains.

"Wait. Another person? Who is it?" Kunikida asks.

"Eyewitnesses stated that the person had short, slightly wavy, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. They were also dressed in mainly dark colors. The eyewitnesses weren't able to label the person as female or male, meaning they probably looked androgynous," Tanizaki explains.

'Wait...'

"...Y/n hasn't come back yet, has she?" I ask, knowing that my statement is true.

"That's right... I had her go with Atsushi to take that little girl to the military police outpost. She must be the other person that the witnesses saw," Kunikida says.

"So, what do we do?" Tanizaki asks.

"Um... It sounded like you wouldn't make a decision in a million years if you kept to your 'shoulds' and 'coulds,' so I called him!" Naomi says, revealing the president who was standing behind her.

"President!" Me, Tanizaki, and Kunikida exclaim all at once in shock.

"I am so sorry. As soon as our work is done, I'll gather intel with Tanizaki, and—" Kunikida starts.

"That won't be necessary. Listen up, all of you. Our newest members have been abducted. Everyone, work on finding them. I order the current task suspended until they have been safely returned to us," the president says, interrupting Kunikida.

"Suspended?" I ask softly.

"But what about the escort job?" Kunikida asks.

"I'll contact the client. Don't worry. They owe me enough that I can afford to let a minor official wait," the president says.

"President, are you sure about this?" I ask.

"About what, Ranpo?" he questions.

"...Well, if you think about the rationale behind it—" I begin but the president intterupts me.

"Two of our own are in danger. We must help them. What greater rationale do we need in this world?" the president says, causing me to slightly pout and turn around in my chair. "Kunikida," he says.