Chapter 29 - A seat from which to watch Asgard burn

All four of you trudged out of the ship unto the sandy dunes below. The air was incredibly and dry, feeling rough like sandpaper. Dark clouds covered the dirty golden sky, moving in its large spread. Everything is dark, gloomy, dead. No sign of life except for the three of them and their crashed ship. Just emptiness. Dark, bleak, menacing emptiness. 

Loki and Thor contemplated this desolation, this sandy waste, this desertic aridity of a place. 

"You know this plan of yours is going to get us killed." Loki warned his brother

"Yes possibly." 

He lifted his manacles, presenting them to Thor. He considered them for a moment, looking into Loki's green eyes for any sign of a lie, of deceit. Of something that should warn him not to trust his brother. 

"You still don't trust me brother?" Loki asked

If that were possible, the sky darkens even more, worrying you slightly. This didn't feel good. 

"Would you?" Thor answers his brother. He finally unclicks the manacles binding Loki's wrists, choosing to trust in him.

A glint of dagger produced from Loki's back. 

"No I wouldn't." he hissed, eyes darkening with malice. He pulled out completely the shiny weapon and stabbed Thor in the abdomen. 

He kills with a smile on his face. 

He roughly kicked him with his boot, sending Thor rolling down the hill, gathering up large clouds of dark dust in his wake. His red cape constrats with this darkened world, like a spot of bright and fresh red blood on a dark surface. 

"Thor!"  shouted Jane, jumping after him unfazed and uncaring. 

Loki strode down the shadowy hills, calmly, with power and confidence. His steps were measured, his strides were full of purpose. He looked like he was enjoying this, taking revenge upon a brother he jealoused. 

"You really think I cared about Frigga? About any of you?" he spat, hate overly dripping from his very words, his tone, his look of disgust. 

Thor lay on the dark, ashy ground, trying to get up to his feet, scrambling away from his raven haired brother. His efforts were in vain as Loki harshly kicked him in the ribs, making him roll a little further down the slopes. 

"All I ever wanted was you and Odin, dead at my feet." he continued, not relenting on his fatigued brother's struggling shape.

You ran up to him and stood in front of him"Loki, look at me." you requested, calmly at the beginning. But the fury in his eyes made you obligated to go harder, "Stop this!" you ordered, watching your fingertips glow golden as your eyes took the colour of melted treasures.  "Loki.  You will stop!" Threads of gold danced from your fingertips to him, starting to wrap around his temples. Your hair started to float in the dusty air as you entered his mind.

"Silence woman!" he hissed, shoving you away both from his mind and physically. You crashed on the coarse earth with an 'oof', all air having been knocked out of you. All of a sudden,a sharp pain traversed your palm that was propping you back up from the ground. Once on your feet, you lifted it to see a large red cut with blood beginning to drip from it. Gingerly but carefully, you stopped the bleeding via your powers before ripping some gauze from your suit and winding it tight around your injured palm. Once it was securely in place, you ran after Loki. 

From his ship, Malekith watches the fight and hums in content as he feels the dark Aether approcahing him more and more. Its power is within his reach.