Chapter 1- Meeting a trickster

The mood had somewhat of a difference today. Whether it was in the behaviour or just thegeneral feeling, something felt, well, different. 

I was slouching on the large couch in my room with a glossy magazine in my hands,  skimming page after page, looking for a new style or idea for any outfits or activities. Our last mission was two days ago and we were all already bored. I'd go shopping this afternoon, the sole highlight of an overall bland day, I needed some stuff and Thor would probably force me to get him more Pop-tarts. 

"Miss Y/n L/n? You are requested in the conference room by Mister Stark." A robotic voice announced. 

Guess I maybe spoke too soon. 

"Okay Cyborg. I'm going to be down in a sec." 

I threw the magazine on the ebony coffee table and with a groan stood up, like a damn old lady. I had been sitting in that position for really too long. I fixed my hair quickly and checked my outfit before exiting my bedroom. The lift dinged, announcing my stop, and I pushed the tinted glass windows of the conference room.  

"What's up folks!"I greeted the already present individuals. The whole team was already assembled so I guess they were just waiting for me to start. I settled in my usual seat and awaited eagerly the news. 

"Thank you Y/n for joining us. So Thor here has an announcement." Tony always had this gift to speak to people, commandeering a room or a team full of superheros who more often than not behaved like a bunch of teenagers. 

Thor stood up and smiled a thankful one. His long-ish blond hair flowed and glowed in the sunset behind us. He had a slight look of apprehension, hidden as always behind his radiant personality and smile. I groaned internally when I saw I missed the sunset, it was one of my favorite things to do so the reason better be very valid. 

"Hello my dear friends. As you know, my father Odin, king of Asgard, ruler of the nine realms regularly requests to see me. At our last meeting yesterday, a matter has arisen. My father has decided that my brother Loki, shall get out of imprisonment." 

"What! NO! Whaaaaat?" Shouts and disagreement rung around the table. Thor raised his hand to regain control of the room. 

"I understand your reactions my friends. However this 'freedom'" he made inverted commas in the air "Comes with terms. My illustrious father has decided that until further notice, Loki shall... stay with the Avengers. You see, in order to redeem himself and to go back to Asgard, Loki needs to show he can put other's needs before his own." 

He glanced up quickly at the assembled team. We were all silent for a while and desperately made eye contact with each other. Clint stared at the ceiling, as if he just had just discovered it was white and plain, Natasha had her unreadable air whilst Tony just stood there and I wondered for a brief moment if he had zoned out. But the quick furrowing of his brows made it clear he hadn't. Steve looked... seemingly concerned as Sam and Bucky were whispering to each other.

"So you're saying Reindeer games will come to stay here for God only knows how long? No pun inteded by the way. " Tony asked a mixture of seriousness and amusement on his face whilst his eyebrows were raised sky-high.

"Yeaaaah. He would also have to help out the team of course. AND this is non negotiable. I can't bargain any further with Father." Thor added. 

I looked around at the silent team who expressed neither agreement nor disagreement. It was just silent, in reflection. 

If nobody was going to do it then I will.

"Well personally," I started, emphasising the personally, "I don't mind. I do need help with channelling and using my magic. Who knows reindeer games might be useful around here." I shrugged my shoulders, waiting for the team to finally speak. One by one, they mumbled some sort of agreement or 'guess i'll do with it'. I did after all need help with my magic. So far, I fought with my muscles but if I managed to use my healing magic and other 'things' I could do, I'd be way more helpful and badass to be fair. So win-win for everyone right?